British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 813

Quote: Timbo @ January 13 2012, 1:08 PM GMT

With rich birds it is mostly expensive frocks and painstaking paint jobs. They needed someone who could look good in an overall. I know Kingston will have spent hours in make-up but greasy and dishevelled is not an easy look to pull off for women of a certain age. Not many middle-aged women scrub down well.

Without make up, Alex Kingston would look like Deputy Dawg with an afro. I bet they spent more money and time doing her up then the Cybermen.

Quote: Timbo @ January 13 2012, 1:14 PM GMT

The emotions I want in Dr Who are fear awe anger concern pride greed etc, Not assistants with teen crushes and a Doctor agonising over whether to f**k them.

True!!!!!!!

Quote: Timbo @ January 13 2012, 1:14 PM GMT

The emotions I want in Dr Who are fear awe anger concern pride greed etc, Not assistants with teen crushes and a Doctor agonising over whether to f**k them.

Lets hope we don't see Davros as a weedy school kid getting his sweets taken and being constantly belittled by his overpowering dad.

He needs a hug Doctor.

Criticism of how Alex Kingston looks is a bit silly. The problem was with the role of River Song. It was just Captain Jack with a vagina, spouting annoying phrases like "Spoilers!" and "Toodles!".

And the Doctor's an odd looking f**ker, he's not exactly a catch.

Quote: chipolata @ January 13 2012, 2:42 PM GMT

Chicks always go for the dude with a car.

I bet he can't even drive.

Quote: chipolata @ January 13 2012, 2:42 PM GMT

Sure he is.

Here's a big reason why I hate John Nathan-Turner and the director of Dragonfire:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/molly-dolly/stellar3.jpg

You'd think they would have Just Said No to six year old girl's knickers centre screen...

Oops. I can see how that might be a tad embarrassing for a kid.

Quote: Miranda Borman @ January 13 2012, 3:16 PM GMT

Here's a big reason why I hate John Nathan-Turner and the director of Dragonfire:

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r255/molly-dolly/stellar3.jpg

You'd think they would have Just Said No to six year old girl's knickers centre screen...

Is that you?

Quote: Timbo @ January 12 2012, 11:08 PM GMT

Is Chris Bouchier available?

F**k that, Philip Hinchcliffe's available. You could look up Chris Boucher up on your way round.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 13 2012, 12:18 PM GMT

I'm not being silly, the character should have been played by a younger looking actress. By all means have her in her 40s, but choose someone who exudes that carefree, youthful, spirit. Alex Kingston looks like every woman I see in Sainsburys doing the Saturday shop.

You need to get those cataracts removed. Alex Kingston looks like she would bang your undeserving balls off.

She does indeed look like the English teacher who take classes with her blouse slightly too tight and the buttons not all done up.
Knowing that classes of sweaty adolesents would stain their duvet covers, imagining they got given overnight detention. Or they needed to stay late after school to discuss their romantic poetry,

she's well grrrr!

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 13 2012, 4:12 PM GMT

You need to get those cataracts removed. Alex Kingston looks like she would bang your undeserving balls off.

And once again I have to do battle with typical British low standards when it comes to women off the telly.

I get it Godot, you'd shag just about anything - Miranda Hart, Catherine Tate, Sarah Millican - but please don't try and drag me down to your level.

Anyways, my point still stands, if this woman is meant to be the love of the Doctor's life, better then every other female throughout the galaxy (and time and space), it doesn't gel that she'd only be passably attractive.

Lord knows, suspending disbelief with Doctor Who is difficult enough, having some average looking bird going 'look at me, I am sexy and gorgeous' really pulls me out of the plot.

Wait, I've changed my mind, the Doctor's new assistant should be that bird who used to play Sonia from Eastenders, she's beautiful.

The Drs love is the Tardis.

So frankly there should be an episode where Ami walks into find the Dr pants down dry humping the console, whilst it makes wheezing noises and he does too.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 13 2012, 4:31 PM GMT

Anyways, my point still stands, if this woman is meant to be the love of the Doctor's life, better then every other female throughout the galaxy (and time and space), it doesn't gel that she'd only be passably attractive.

So what actress would you have play her? Bearing in mind you're made by BBC Wales.

Quote: chipolata @ January 13 2012, 4:37 PM GMT

So what actress would you have play her? Bearing in mind you're made by BBC Wales.

I don't know, most of the celebrity Milfs I can think of, such as Kate Winslet, wouldn't do it.

Maybe get someone from Emmerdale. I don't watch the show, but I know they normally have a few lookers.