British Comedy Guide

Who do you fancy? Page 720

Quote: AJGO @ December 31 2011, 4:55 PM GMT

TB, why do you think you're particularly unattractive?

Just always have done. I'm not being falsely modest or fishing for people to say 'you're not that bad'. I'm not a very confident bloke, I guess.

No matter how much time/effort I put into looking good I am never happy with the results.

Always remember - women like men who make thm laugh, no matter how they look ... well, unless they smell and pick their nose all the time.

I can do laughing (despite my posts here). Laughing is fine.

Quote: chipolata @ December 31 2011, 5:08 PM GMT

Did their other uggos get a lot of work? Or didn't you mix with them?

I didn't mix. I passed a dwarf when I was going up the stairs and was filling in my forms with a seven foot fella.

Quote: keewik @ December 31 2011, 5:13 PM GMT

Always remember - women like men who make thm laugh, no matter how they look ... well, unless they smell and pick their nose all the time.

Yup, I fancy some very conventionally unattractive comedians.

There you are, then. I've solved your problem.

So, keewik is up for a threesome with the Chuckle Brothers...

:O :O :O

Quote: keewik @ December 31 2011, 5:13 PM GMT

No, they're very, very shallow really, that sort of shit is a front. Us men are the only ones who look beyond the outer packaging.

Quote: TopBanana @ December 31 2011, 5:12 PM GMT

Just always have done. I'm not being falsely modest or fishing for people to say 'you're not that bad'. I'm not a very confident bloke, I guess.

No matter how much time/effort I put into looking good I am never happy with the results.

Maybe you're just not your type. I find it interesting that we experience low self-esteem when it's us, but you know that there are perfectly fine and above looking people who just aren't to your aesthetic taste.
Ah, sociological theories, the ray of light in the darkened room.

I used to find Sarah Millican attractive on the basis that she made me laugh.

Quote: AJGO @ December 31 2011, 5:19 PM GMT

Maybe you're just not your type. I find it interesting that we experience low self-esteem when it's us, but you know that there are perfectly fine and above looking people who just aren't to your aesthetic taste.
Ah, sociological theories, the ray of light in the darkened room.

I kinda know what you mean.

If you offered me a long-term relationship with a 10/10 'stunner' or a 6/10 'normal' woman I'm pretty sure I'd pick the latter.

Which is bizarre.

Quote: TopBanana @ December 31 2011, 5:22 PM GMT

I kinda know what you mean.

If you offered me a long-term relationship with a 10/10 'stunner' or a 6/10 'normal' woman I'm pretty sure I'd pick the latter.

Which is bizarre.

Yeah but long term relationships involve a whole other checklist!

And your 'stunner' might not be to someone else's taste, and they're checking out your 'normal'..

Quote: Timbo @ December 31 2011, 5:16 PM GMT

So, keewik is up for a threesome with the Chuckle Brothers...

Who wouldn't be?

From me, up you!

Quote: AJGO @ December 31 2011, 5:30 PM GMT

Yeah but long term relationships involve a whole other checklist!

And your 'stunner' might not be to someone else's taste, and they're checking out your 'normal'..

Gah...why can't us men know this kind of stuff?

So confusing.

:(

Regardless of whether you are male or female, you should never talk to somebody you want to impress about how unattractive you think you are. It's a major turn off, unless you're really into people with low self-esteem.