British Comedy Guide

The Sitcom Mission 2012 Page 24

Sorry if I sound like a bit of a panicking fanny but....

If we uploaded our script is that it submitted for silver entry, or is there another step?

Just want to be sure I've done it right.

Thanks

(By the way, helpful forum. Thumbs up.)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 12 2011, 12:46 AM GMT

Dear Sitcom Mission, I accidentally purchased the silverback. Do you do refunds because it keeps trying to drill the missus and shit in the fridge? Thanks, Tim.

Sorry about that, turns out that silverback I sold you was actually Sootyj.

Hi Twitchy

If you've paid for silver entry, you'll be getting your feedback within two weeks of submission. Then you can rewrite and update your entry before the closing date at no further charge.

Hope that helps

Cheers, Declan

Hello All

Happy Christmas to you all, hope you had a blast.

We've been keeping the attached under our hats, but if you want some help with your entry for The Sitcom Mission, here's our ebook, co-written with the esteemed John Vorhaus.

We had a blast writing it, hope you enjoy it too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sitcom-Mission-Should-Choose-ebook/dp/B006QC8DXM/ref=cm_cmu_up_thanks_hdr

Cheers, Declan and Simon

Quote: Vader @ December 18 2011, 2:10 PM GMT

Sorry about that, turns out that silverback I sold you was actually Sootyj.

You wound me Vader,

what did I ever do to you?

Quote: Declan @ December 26 2011, 10:56 PM GMT

Hello All

Happy Christmas to you all, hope you had a blast.

We've been keeping the attached under our hats, but if you want some help with your entry for The Sitcom Mission, here's our ebook, co-written with the esteemed John Vorhaus.

We had a blast writing it, hope you enjoy it too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sitcom-Mission-Should-Choose-ebook/dp/B006QC8DXM/ref=cm_cmu_up_thanks_hdr

Cheers, Declan and Simon

Hopefully, buying the book within about half an hour of this posting will make Declan and Simon love me so much that they can't help loving my (as yet unwritten) script (if I get it in in time)

Was thinking about this the other day. Genuinely thinking of entering again with the same thing I entered last year, but not the first episode. Too much set up. I have an Ep 2, and a somewhat coherent third ep that would go somewhere in the series.

I might just be going in!

Quote: seascribe venus @ December 26 2011, 11:29 PM GMT

Hopefully, buying the book within about half an hour of this posting will make Declan and Simon love me so much that they can't help loving my (as yet unwritten) script (if I get it in in time)

You know we love you Seascribe!

We've been bursting to tell you about the book. We're so proud to have co-written it with the wonderful John Vorhaus. We've been fans of his for a long time.

Meerrrryyy Chriiissstmaaas. Is the ebook just for the kindle or can it be downloaded to iphone/computer as a PDF?

You can download the kindle app from amazon.co.uk for either Mac or PC and read books on your laptop.

And it's free.

And merry Christmas to you, too.

Hi Rich

There's plenty of Kindle conversion software out there, such as this one from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_ipad_mkt_lnd?docId=1000423883

Just Google and you'll find one.

Cheers, Declan

Quote: Declan @ December 26 2011, 10:56 PM GMT

The book looks great, well done. I'm sorry The Sitcom Trials don't get a mention in the acknowledgements, we like to think we played a small part in your success. Don't worry, Miranda never mentions us either, it hasn't hurt her.

Happy New Year when it comes everyone.

Kev F The Sitcom Trials

Soooo...I've started writing my sitcom. I have no plot. No characters. No dialogue. All I have is a pencil and some time. Hmmm, this could be a toughy.

Update: Okay, I now have strong ideas for 3 of my first 6 characters. Scenes 1 to 4 are taking shape. Want to get all the scenes structurally done today and do some more character work. Have a few visual gag ideas. Will leave the verbal gags until last.