British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 145

That does look interesting. What if one of them was really Christ? He must have been screwface

;) If it was the ' Alamo' I'm sure that John Wayne would not allow a 'long haired bearded hippy' to interfere with his takeover of the land! 'Yippeh'

Scowl and tell them you're a Satanist.

Nothing

Ran out of pissing books again

Arse gravy

Jamaica Inn by Daphne du Maurier. It's atmospheric.

:) :O Inspired by radio 4 prog about Robert Aickman rushed to buy one of his very scary books. anyone else any info? Might give it OH if it's too much for me.

I am attempting to finish 'Suite Francais' taking me forever, but love it.

Also bought an Alexander McCall Smith for a chum, is'nt Amazon great!

zooo, zooo, did you read Pratchett yet?!

Oh no, not yet! Might try to get round to it next.

I have just (finally) got and started Marc's Murder Club!

Quote: zooo @ December 25 2011, 6:52 PM GMT

Oh no, not yet! Might try to get round to it next.

I wouldn't bother, I tried to read a couple and found them really pretty dull. But then I'm not keen on trolls and the like. I'm sure they were supposed to be funny, though, these Pratchett books, or so I had been lead to believe.

:) I have a Marc to read, no time yet!

Iron Man.

Tony Iommi's autobiography.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 25 2011, 8:27 PM GMT

I wouldn't bother, I tried to read a couple and found them really pretty dull. But then I'm not keen on trolls and the like. I'm sure they were supposed to be funny, though, these Pratchett books, or so I had been lead to believe.

Don't put her off, she might like them!

Pratchett's excelent but some of the books rely on you liking and knowing the characters in advance. Others are more accessible to the new reader.

I'd say Guards, Guards, Guards, The Colour of Magic and Equal Rites are all good starters.

Are YOU Dave Gorman?

There is something about him that I find pretty grating when I'm watching and listening to him, but I'm actually really enjoying it.

Maybe because he's doing exactly the same kind of stupid thing me and my friends think of, but never have the balls to go through with.

Just finished my guiltiest of pleasures, the new Tom Clancy.

And unbelievably he's back on form.