British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,111

Quote: billwill @ November 4 2011, 5:02 PM GMT

http://armbritain.com/

That's more like it!

I still can't believe that women can't carry pepper spray. Hopefully they all carry screwdrivers in their purses for "repairing" the faces of attackers.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2011, 6:09 PM GMT

That's more like it!

I still can't believe that women can't carry pepper spray. Hopefully they all carry screwdrivers in their purses for "repairing" the faces of attackers.

Funnily enough, I do have a small screwdriver in my bag, along with a crochet hook and a nappy pin, but it's just in case I need to use them.

When I was mugged I wouldn't have had time to get anything out of my bag, and they tend to just nick the bag if you don't have your phone or wallet in your hand so you can't even pretend to be getting those items out. And in a competition to see who's going to stab someone first, it's going to be the pikey psycho, not the woman who has suddenly been ambushed and attacked

Quote: keewik @ November 4 2011, 6:27 PM GMT

it's just in case I need to use them.

Always go for the eyes.

Quote: AJGO @ November 4 2011, 6:29 PM GMT

in a competition to see who's going to stab someone first, it's going to be the pikey psycho, not the woman who has suddenly been ambushed and attacked

That's why you need a gun, it puts the odds in your favor. ;)

It is very tempting, especially when someone's thieved your essentials, made you paranoid to ever go out, and repeatedly head-butted you in the face so hard the police called an ambulance... but then if I had a gun, they definitely would, and I wouldn't be here feeling bad for hoping someone else shoots the f**kers.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2011, 6:32 PM GMT

Always go for the eyes.

That's why you need a gun, it puts the odds in your favor. ;)

What, when you're peeling potatoes?

How old are you? You sound about thirteen.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 4 2011, 6:39 PM GMT

What, when you're peeling potatoes?

When you're being attacked and you have only your hands or a pointy implement available for defence. Poke or gouge that bastard's eyes out.

How old are you? You sound about thirteen.

Old enough to know how to protect myself from assailants. ;)

This sheriff has the right idea: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20111031/ARTICLES/111039954

:$ :D Just thought someone had some crazy firework action going on, then realised it was the flickering lights off the internet box reflected in the window

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2011, 6:52 PM GMT

When you're being attacked and you have only your hands or a pointy implement available for defence. Poke or gouge that bastard's eyes out.

I've had a knife pulled on me twice. The last time last year. Neither c**t got anything or anywhere, but it takes a while before you can think well in these situations and you will never be at your best. The first time I was assaulted I reacted badly and came off worst.

Trying to blind your assailant is not a good idea. Even in self defence it is likely to get you a prison sentence and may put you into years of counselling. Not to mention the fact that you probably won't be able to do it and your assailant will feel justified in going further.

Quote: DaButt @ November 4 2011, 6:52 PM GMT

This sheriff has the right idea: http://www.goupstate.com/article/20111031/ARTICLES/111039954

I feel you're missing out a bit on life DaButt, first my potato joke, now a sheriff that:

"In light of an attempted rape of a woman at Milliken Park on Sunday... displayed a fanny pack at a news conference that women could carry a concealed handgun while out jogging."

Bless her, cat growling like a tiger at fireworks, trying not to show she's scared although her eyes are like saucers and her tail's down. I on the other hand just jump and shriek like a muppet every time there's a loud noise

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 4 2011, 7:39 PM GMT

I've had a knife pulled on me twice.

Perhaps it was because the assailants knew that you weren't carrying a weapon? It's different here -- everyone is potentially armed.

Trying to blind your assailant is not a good idea. Even in self defence it is likely to get you a prison sentence

In the UK, not here.

I feel you're missing out a bit on life DaButt, first my potato joke, now a sheriff that:

I had no problem understanding the potato joke and was expecting a comment on the use of the word "fanny." Fannies and fags are quiet different on either side of the Atlantic.

I don't know what part of America it was, but someone I knew had a really bad experience when he got off the plane and in all genuineness asked a guy if he could bum a fag

Quote: AJGO @ November 4 2011, 8:16 PM GMT

I don't know what part of America it was, but someone I knew had a really bad experience when he got off the plane and in all genuineness asked a guy if he could bum a fag

"Bum" is another word with a different meaning over here. Asking to bum something is completely innocent but the "fag" part will earn you a nasty look in most cases.

Do people generally know, like UK people generally know that fag in American isn't cigarette, that 'fanny' isn't arse to us?

I don't think so because it doesn't get much exposure over here as far as television or movies are concerned. If someone makes a fanny joke an American will get the hint that it's naughty but not that it's about a vagina.

Bum is occasionally used over here and everyone knows about fags because it's used all the time in TV and movies and people are quick to point out that it isn't a homophobic thing.