British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,110

Cats are mean and horrible wheras dogs are lubbly and obedient. And give to charity.

I've had loads of dogs, sick of em Pleased

Cats aren't all meanand horrible! Mine are all big, daft idiots who love a cuddle. But we are excellent cat parents though.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ November 4 2011, 2:59 PM GMT

Cats aren't all meanand horrible! Mine are all big, daft idiots who love a cuddle. But we are excellent cat parents though.

They are lulling you into a false sense of security. One night you'll go downstairs and find they've taken over the house with all their mates and at least six of them will be fornicating in the kitchen. No...wait. that's my daughter.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2011, 4:40 PM GMT

That sucks. I remember being confused when I saw signs warning of phone theft at UK stations. Most people in the States get free phones with their contracts and don't even worry about them being stolen. The rest of the world seems to use pay-as-you-go plans but I doubt most Americans have ever replaced a SIM card or even know that they exist.

Here's a pretty good article on the difference between US and European mobile phone use by an ex Palm and Apple guy. He makes the very same point as you about SIM cards.

The European phone market is (perhaps surprisingly) much more developed than the US one and smartphone use is much higher. My girlfriend's American and is always amazed when she goes back.

Quote: Leevil @ November 4 2011, 1:18 PM GMT

I believe I have been tricked into it by Lady Leevil. I'm not sure how but a few years ago I had a strict no pets rule policy.

I got 'tricked' by my wife into getting cats too. :( And now the cunning little beggars have made me go and like them. Angry

I still prefer dogs, but cats are so much bloody eaiser to look after. Apart from all the decapitated mice and ickle birdies. Sick

Quote: Rob H @ November 4 2011, 3:14 PM GMT

I got 'tricked' by my wife into getting cats too.

Did she ask you if you wanted some pussy?

Quote: Nogget @ November 4 2011, 3:25 PM GMT

Did she ask you if you wanted some pussy?

I think that is an instant ban.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2011, 5:28 PM GMT

What's the strongest form of personal protection you're legally allowed to carry over there?

You can carry a handgun openly in the UK. Don't forget to bring yours with you when you next come over DaButt.

There is a twirly structure by olympic stadium. It's probably a broadcasting tower but I'm really hoping it's a wee rollercoaster

Oh, is it that massive red art installation thingy?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 4 2011, 3:52 PM GMT

You can carry a handgun openly in the UK. Don't forget to bring yours with you when you next come over DaButt.

http://armbritain.com/

Cool

I'm joining that group

then I'm shooting up Chortle

Quote: sootyj @ November 4 2011, 5:13 PM GMT

I'm joining that group

then I'm shooting up Charley

:O

Quote: zooo @ November 4 2011, 5:00 PM GMT

Oh, is it that massive red art installation thingy?

Maybe, there's another high thing next to it which doesn't look like a rollercoaster so isn't exciting.

A plane just flew directly over my house, which they don't usually do, and it was quite low. I wish they wouldn't do that, makes me nervous