British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,105

Quote: roscoff @ November 2 2011, 2:50 PM GMT

I recently used the word anthropomorphic in a posting in the vegetarian thread. I thought you might like to know this as it probably seperates those of us who are obviously intellectuals from the rest. Like Sooty for instance.

I'd assumed it was in common usage (or at least had been since Pixar started doing what it does) but I used it in a conversation with a work colleague earlier and he gave me a look like I'd just declared prima nocta (look it up, peasants!)

Prime Time!

1,3,113, 12911

Quote: Marc P @ November 2 2011, 3:09 PM GMT

Prime Time!

Well done whizz kid!

Quote: sootyj @ November 2 2011, 4:58 PM GMT

Well done whizz kidz!

Just had four jam crumpets and now I want more, more, MOAR!

I'm attempting to put 1/4" barbs on 3/16" beverage hose that's very stiff and difficult to work with. (That's what she said.)

There's lots of boiling water and cursing involved but the end result should be beer that's less foamy and that'll make it all worthwhile.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2011, 12:57 AM GMT

(That's what she said.)

I do hope you use that phrase IRL. Also, "You go girlfriend" and "I'm smarter than the average bear". That would please me greatly.

Randy, what's your take on cider? And if you like it, would you make it? Most people over here make their own wine, put I have a bleedin' huge apple tree in my garden and most of the apples go to waste unfortunately. I'm quite partial to a bit of cider myself, prefer it over wine as well.

I don't think I've ever had jam on a crumpet.

Quote: zooo @ November 3 2011, 1:08 AM GMT

I don't think I've ever had jam on a crumpet.

:O You must, you must! Buttery crumpets are lovely but adding jam takes it to the next level.

It seems wrong!

I contemplated a cheese and jam sandwich t'other day. Now that seems wrong, but oh so right (maybe). What do you have on your crumpets? (ooerr)

Quote: Leevil @ November 3 2011, 1:07 AM GMT

I do hope you use that phrase IRL.

I do. Often.

Randy, what's your take on cider? And if you like it, would you make it?

I'm not a huge fan. It's ok, and I wouldn't turn it down if it were offered to me, but it tastes kind of wine-y and I'm not a big fan of that stuff at all.

My ex-girlfriend always asks me to make her some cider but I can't see making an entire 5-gallon batch for one person -- especially an ex. My daughter likes it so maybe I'll try making some for her next visit.

Quote: Leevil @ November 3 2011, 1:14 AM GMT

I contemplated a cheese and jam sandwich t'other day.

Tonight I made a cheddar, avocado and apple sandwich on French bread that was still warm from the bakery. It was much better than I'd expected.

Quote: Leevil @ November 3 2011, 1:14 AM GMT

I contemplated a cheese and jam sandwich t'other day. Now that seems wrong, but oh so right (maybe). What do you have on your crumpets? (ooerr)

You are such a wrong'n.
I just have butter! (Well, Vitalite.) And sometimes Marmite.

:) I've tried crispy bacon and ripe banana sarnie, gorg!

I'm going to make beans on toast with melted cheese and Lea Perrins.

Also Zooo I like cheese on crumpets.

Quote: Leevil @ November 3 2011, 1:10 AM GMT

:O You must, you must! Buttery crumpets are lovely but adding jam takes it to the next level.

I am partial to baked beans on crumpets.

Also a real winner is maple syrup. It's like a pancake without all the palaver.