British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,090

I was just wondering... you know religions yeah? And you know how the universe is going to end? Do people who believe in heaven reckon there will still be one if there's no universe?
I know it's not like an actual place, but if there's nothing, can there still be a heaven? And do people who believe in heaven maybe also think the multiverse theory is likely, so there's some continuance of existence?
I know humans will probably be long gone by the time the universe ends naturally, but thinking if there are people or the universe takes an unexpected turn.
And if you believe in reincarnation, do you have to loiter until another one springs into existence? Or do you get some sort of heavenly bonus because you were ripped off by not being able to have as many lives?

(It's got to that stage of evening where my brain will think anything rather than try to write another sketch)

I should think they think of heaven as separate from the physical universe. (Or, more likely, they all think different things. But you know what I mean.)
Although, my mum knew someone who got upset when we first went up to the moon and brought back pictures of earth from space, as she'd imagined heaven as literally being above the planet, and of course it wasn't there.
F**king mental.

Quote: zooo @ October 15 2011, 10:14 PM BST

I should think they think of heaven as separate from the physical universe.
Although, my mum knew someone who got upset when we first went up to the moon and brought back pictures of earth from space, as she'd imagined heaven as literally being above the planet, and of course it wasn't there.
F**king mental.

Yeah, but, Where Would It Be?!! That is mental but also quite sweet. What did she imagine to resolve this upset?

I'm not sure!
Maybe she became an atheist. :O

Quote: AJGO @ October 15 2011, 10:08 PM BST

I was just wondering... you know religions yeah? And you know how the universe is going to end? Do people who believe in heaven reckon there will still be one if there's no universe?
I know it's not like an actual place, but if there's nothing, can there still be a heaven? And do people who believe in heaven maybe also think the multiverse theory is likely, so there's some continuance of existence?
I know humans will probably be long gone by the time the universe ends naturally, but thinking if there are people or the universe takes an unexpected turn.
And if you believe in reincarnation, do you have to loiter until another one springs into existence? Or do you get some sort of heavenly bonus because you were ripped off by not being able to have as many lives?

(It's got to that stage of evening where my brain will think anything rather than try to write another sketch)

Most believe on the day of judgement the whole universe as we know it ends. Then there's a day of judgement and some of us go to heaven and the rest to hell.

nb Zooo ne ver knew your family went to the moon!

:D
The zooo family has so many secrets.

Quote: sootyj @ October 15 2011, 10:23 PM BST

Most believe on the day of judgement the whole universe as we know it ends. Then there's a day of judgement and some of us go to heaven and the rest to hell.

lol, 'Most believe' :D

'there's a day of judgement' Eh?

'some of us go to heaven and the rest to hell' Laughing out loud

lol, funny stuff sootyj :)

My brain can't truly imagine the infinity that is the universe. How can you visualise something with no Borders? Where does the universe end and what's outside it? And outside that? Heaven and Hell - manmade concepts to get us to behave ourselves. I am pissed and am now going to sleep.

Quote: keewik @ October 16 2011, 12:15 AM BST

Heaven and Hell

Great album !

Quote: random @ October 15 2011, 11:39 PM BST

lol, 'Most believe' :D

'there's a day of judgement' Eh?

'some of us go to heaven and the rest to hell' Laughing out loud

lol, funny stuff sootyj :)

I meant most religious people smart arse

I dunno reduce thousands of years of theology to a few lines and people just take the piss.

I'm in Somerset. Mmmm Somersetty...

I luv Somerset.
Burnham on Sea rocks!
Available from Sweetshops on the sea front in Burnham on Sea

:( You know you're alive when you get hit with a fine for smoking-even though you bloody did'nt! There is hell on earth, I know, I'm innocent.

Steve I have driven through Burnham- terrible, drove straight out.

AJGO, Oh dear please don;t get me started, where does infinity end, etc........

Quote: sootyj @ October 16 2011, 12:27 AM BST

I meant most religious people smart arse

I dunno reduce thousands of years of theology to a few lines and people just take the piss.

Wanted: suggestions as to what I should eat this evening.