British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,088

Thanks all, the deed is done. Boss was upset, but not surprised.

I'm moving into a more technical role at a smaller company.

I've recorded a jingle for the show tonight - the quality isn't wonderful and it might not be used but it should give you a giggle...unfortunately it gives me the heebeegeebees!

http://soundcloud.com/tuumble/pleasuredome-picknmix-jingle

:$

Getting very nervous now and there's still five hours to go.

Quote: Tuumble @ October 13 2011, 2:59 PM BST

I've recorded a jingle for the show tonight - the quality isn't wonderful and it might not be used but it should give you a giggle...unfortunately it gives me the heebeegeebees!

You'll be fine! sounds good man :)

Quote: Tuumble @ October 13 2011, 2:59 PM BST

You'll be fine. Stop concentrating on what could go wrong and know that any fear you're feeling is just the adrenaline your body is providing you with to accomplish your task. Get off of the idea that you might not be good enough to do this and you'll come through it with flying colours.

Quote: AngieBaby @ October 13 2011, 2:55 PM BST

Thanks all, the deed is done. Boss was upset, but not surprised.

I'm moving into a more technical role at a smaller company.

Onwards and upwards! For Britain!

Quote: David Bussell @ October 13 2011, 2:53 PM BST

Turtle Canyon Media - Stuart Laws' outfit out of Pinewood.

Ahh I see, I see.

Quote: Gavin @ October 13 2011, 3:06 PM BST

Ahh I see, I see.

It's who you know, or in this case "who you're prepared to badger incessantly until they agree to help write, shoot and perform in your pilot just to shut you up".

Quote: David Bussell @ October 13 2011, 3:13 PM BST

It's who you know, or in this case "who you're prepared to badger incessantly until they agree to help write, shoot and perform in your pilot just to shut you up".

lol! Poor Mr Laws.

Quote: Gavin @ October 13 2011, 3:19 PM BST

lol! Poor Mr Laws.

Stuart's just one of the hapless fools I'm taking down with this career suicide of a project. Don't tell him or Matt Stott though, they're convinced we're doing this to break into the industry!

Quote: David Bussell @ October 13 2011, 3:21 PM BST

Stuart's just one of the hapless fools I'm taking down with this career suicide of a project. Don't tell him or Matt Stott though, they're convinced we're doing this to break into the industry!

I shall prepare the brass band to play during the sinking. ;) Because I'm nice like that.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 13 2011, 3:04 PM BST

You'll be fine. Stop concentrating on what could go wrong and know that any fear you're feeling is just the adrenaline your body is providing you with to accomplish your task. Get off of the idea that you might not be good enough to do this and you'll come through it with flying colours.

Since when did you become my life coach? ;)

Quote: Tuumble @ October 13 2011, 3:39 PM BST

Since when did you become my life coach? ;)

You posted several times to say you were bricking it so I thought I'd share some stuff that helps me when I perform live. Trust me, you don't want to go into this thing with failure on your mind.

This message just cost you a pound a word. Blah blah blah she sells sea shells by the sea shore Michela Strachan's strawberry bowtie singing in a tree blah blah blah.

Quote: David Bussell @ October 13 2011, 3:46 PM BST

You posted several times to say you were bricking it so I thought I'd share some stuff that helps me when I perform live. Trust me, you don't want to go into this thing with failure on your mind.

This message just cost you a pound a word. Blah blah blah she sells sea shells by the sea shore Michela Strachan's strawberry bowtie singing in a tree blah blah blah.

I don't think I ever said I was 'bricking it' but I'll admit to being a bit nervous - who wouldn't be with a first show?

Overall I've planned pretty well I think:

- I've got my playlist with information on individual tracks
- I have the running order and know where the jungles and public service announcements will be played
- I have two copies of my CD for the twin deck player
- I have wroted a basic script with pretty precise timings as to how long I have to speak between songs
- There's a clever outro which gets me out of the show with a smile :)

I think the point is is that I've had precisely 15 minutes practice driving the desks so it's hard to deny that there is potential for there to be problems. Having said that I noticed when listening to the programme the station controller did last night that some of his clips didn't work when they were supposed to.

I will be running on adrenalin and your right not to focus on what could wrong - ultimately it's a bit fun so let's see where it takes us. :)

Nothing wrong at all with experiencing nerves - like I say, it's what you choose to do with them. You've already done the main thing and that's to face the fear and do it anyway!

All the best with your show and remember to enjoy yourself.

Sootyj contemplated doing a down the line on Tuumble.

Hmm Council for Uniting National Teams?

Quote: David Bussell @ October 13 2011, 2:45 PM BST

Had the first table read for an upcoming sketch show shoot last night. Some great performances and cracking contributions to the script (except from Matt Stott, who was tits on a fish useless). Jazzed about getting this thing in the can next weekend.

I was just letting the fact that you wrote in a bit where you kiss me sink in.