British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 797

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 2 2011, 10:25 AM BST

Yes, in your opinion, but not in mine; which is fine!

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I love catchphrase-based comedy.

In case anyone's wondering what the question actually is it's "How the f**k can the Silence tie a perfect full Windsor knot in their ties with those stupid pasty-fingered hands?"

And the answer to the question is: "They can't can't because Steven Moffat's a c**t."

:D

Although I've enjoyed the series some of Moffats efforts have been a bit like a highlights package, big set pieces among a jumble of stories. very fast paced & watchable but not very similar to the stories he'd write when RTD ran the show.
With his earlier efforts you'd feel as though you were going along with the story rather than the story flying past in front of you.

Nothing has been as good as Blink for me, but maybe that's not a fair comparison, since it's so flipping excellent.

I think with Blink it's more the fact that Monsters are fantastic.
I think there have been better episodes, but no other foe has been as scary.

It is a clever story as well.
But it's not without it's faults

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 3 2011, 7:48 PM BST

Although I've enjoyed the series some of Moffats efforts have been a bit like a highlights package, big set pieces among a jumble of stories. very fast paced & watchable but not very similar to the stories he'd write when RTD ran the show.
With his earlier efforts you'd feel as though you were going along with the story rather than the story flying past in front of you.

I do hope he does a stand alone story or two himself next series, he's only done the arc ones this year and I have missed a proper stand alone Moffat story.

Quote: zooo @ October 3 2011, 8:00 PM BST

Nothing has been as good as Blink for me, but maybe that's not a fair comparison, since it's so flipping excellent.

I know almost no one else agrees, but I probably prefer the Angel's two parter from last year. Not that I don't love Blink too.

Just found this suggested in some YouTube comeents and thought it was a novel idea.

Could you stop weeping angles by holding up a mirror to them?

Quote: zooo @ October 3 2011, 8:00 PM BST

Static though. I preferred are you my mummy! My favourite for years.

Quote: Jamey @ October 3 2011, 8:33 PM BST

Just found this suggested in some YouTube comeents and thought it was a novel idea.

Could you stop weeping angles by holding up a mirror to them?

No.

The Mirror idea is a bit silly

What You'd need would be those glasses with eyes painted on them.
And then when you turn to leave just flip the glasses round to the back of your head

Quote: Marc P @ October 3 2011, 8:58 PM BST

No.

I suppose seeing themselves wouldn't stop them.

What if three were coming towards you and you used a mirror?

Since the angels send their victims back in time, all you've got to do is write yourself a letter telling your future self how to avoid them catching you.

And how do you get that delivered?

Give it to a lawyer with instructions to deliver it on a certain date.

Zooo you'd be the WORST companion ever.

I'd paint them with yoghurt so they'd get stylishly covered in verdi gris.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 3 2011, 6:40 PM BST

In case anyone's wondering what the question actually is it's "How the f**k can the Silence tie a perfect full Windsor knot in their ties with those stupid pasty-fingered hands?"

And the answer to the question is: "They can't can't because Steven Moffat's a c**t."

They buy them from charity shops and tell the woman at the counter they need them for an interview, could they tie a knot in it for them please?

Like you do,

Quote: sootyj @ October 3 2011, 9:49 PM BST

Give it to a lawyer with instructions to deliver it on a certain date.

Pff, I wouldn't trust a lwayer to get that right!