British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 794

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2011, 11:19 PM BST

I understood most of the episode

See me after class.

Although the series did feel a bit like Steven Moffat was killing us softly with his Song.
Overall It has been probably been my favourite so far.

I also understood the episode perfectly, plus I bloody loved it.

Shoot me... :P

I understood it too, which was a relief for Mr Baby as he normally has to explain it to me.

Amy looked quite foxy in the eye patch, and Rory's grown on me, I might add them to the list.

Quote: Joey Moose @ October 1 2011, 11:32 PM BST

I also understood the episode perfectly

It's a children's show.

It was pretty bonkers; the idea of all of history hapening at the same time was nice. Probably an episode that needs a second look. I enjoyed it, but it didn't feel satisfying as a series finale; I prefered last years Pandorica 2 parter really.

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2011, 11:40 PM BST

It's a children's show.

It's a family show.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2011, 11:46 PM BST

It's a family show.

It's a children's show that adults can take guilty pleasure in.. sometimes. It's never been a family show. It's a children's show and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! Family show indeed!!

Quote: Marc P @ October 1 2011, 11:58 PM BST

It's a children's show that adults can take guilty pleasure in.. sometimes. It's never been a family show. It's a children's show and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! Family show indeed!!

It is a family show. When it started fifty years ago it was aimed at kids, these days it's supposed to be a show that young and old will watch. There's nothing wrong with being a kids show, no.

If you watch Sarah Jane Adventures, you can see the difference there is between a kid's show and a family show within the Doctor Who world.
I reckon there is quite a difference there. (They are both good though.)

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 1 2011, 11:46 PM BST

It's a family show.

It's a sketch show

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 2 2011, 12:00 AM BST

It is a family show. When it started fifty years ago it was aimed at kids, these days it's supposed to be a show that young and old will watch. There's nothing wrong with being a kids show, no.

Sorry Matthew but its a kids show still, and that's good enough for me, but what on earth does family show really mean. Strictly come X show. It's trying to be grown up sci fi mixed with goodness knows what nowadays. That last episode was trying to tie up ill thought through strands with 'enormous dramatic import' promises that didn't deliver. The B from Stratford had something to say about sound and fury. Hopefully we are done with this meta/self referential time and the universe itself are at stake/ and the doctor is the epicentre of it all business.. because.. you know we are sitting at home with a kebab and a beer (if we have taped) and watching... and you know what the universe as we know it hasn't ended ;) Let's get back to basics.

Quote: Marc P @ October 2 2011, 12:15 AM BST

kebab and a beer

Sick

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 2 2011, 12:15 AM BST

It's a sketch show

Laughing out loud

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2011, 12:16 AM BST

Sick

It could be a skewered line of chicken breast on a hot grill you know... none of the Doner Kebab you are picturing!

Good point!
*dribble*

;)