British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,076

Two days after my son moved into his uni accommodation the living room ceiling fell down. Then it was found to have no damp course and all sorts of other problems. The good news is that it is now going to be rennovated but not the best start to his second year. :O

I don't believe it, just as I posted this I got an email from my son to say a rat ran into his kitchen last night. He shut the doors to trap it as he didn't know what else to do. This morning it has eaten through the floor and gone! :O :O

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 29 2011, 10:32 PM BST

The dissertation convenor runs NSS at our uni so that might not work. Also she is scary. :)

I hopefully have a new supervisor though!

Possibly the best person to go to as she will understand exactly how losing a supervisor will impact on final year studies. And don't be scared of her. Most academics put up a front but in the present climate no one's jobs are safe so keep pushing until you get what you want. And once you have that supervisor do go and see them occasionally. I gave up counting the number of students that I 'supervised' who managed to submit their dissertation without ever seeing me.

Social committee - how about a tea party? With cakes? Something different.

The new lady I'm meant to have came in yesterday to a meeting wearing cowboy boots, a 50s style halter-neck dress with polka dots on it, showing off her swallow tattoos on her back. I think I'll be fine. :)

And I am like representing my campus for the society or something. I feel kind of like I've invaded the group but a social like that would be the best thing ever.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 29 2011, 10:32 PM BST

Although a girl did just e-mail me about how she feels upset and lost at Fresher's because she doesn't drink and knows I don't either. :( Trying to help but probably failing.

Aww. I think you would be the perfect person to help with things like that.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ September 30 2011, 9:19 AM BST

The new lady I'm meant to have came in yesterday to a meeting wearing cowboy boots, a 50s style halter-neck dress with polka dots on it, showing off her swallow tattoos on her back. I think I'll be fine. :)

Hurrah for the other two being useless!

Quote: zooo @ September 30 2011, 11:50 AM BST

Aww. I think you would be the perfect person to help with things like that.

Agreed!

This isn't worth starting a thread over but if your scene is set in an underground carriage, is it INT. or EXT.?

Oh and my status = Popped and Locked.

INT

Quote: Marc P @ September 30 2011, 12:38 PM BST

INT

Thanks Marc!

Third lesson in the radio training tonight. :)

I think I may have worked out my playlist for the first hour of my show which is I think is varied enough to appeal to quite a broad range of listener. Will keep the details underwraps for now - I don't want to spoil it! ;)

Quote: ShoePie @ September 30 2011, 12:33 PM BST

This isn't worth starting a thread over but if your scene is set in an underground carriage, is it INT. or EXT.?

Oh and my status = Popped and Locked.

Outside is .EXT when you're inside something it's .INT. I know you know that. But if you're inside a car for example, you're inside it's interior. When you get in and out of a car in one scene, it's INT. CAR EXT. STREET (CONTINUOUS). But normally on TV when there's a scene in a car, the point when the get out is a new scene, as in the scene's cameras are repositioned.

hey marc how do poor people say isnt it?

Quote: Marc P @ September 30 2011, 12:38 PM BST

INT

F**k me, is it national NJ (NewsJack) day on here? Every pissing thread has is somewhere in the title. I'm fed up of seeing them.

They are rather taking over the Active Threads page, innit.

The tutors at college have been pretty much top notch, so far.

However, we have one guy who is just a total nutjob. I do not know how he keeps his job. He just shouts facts at us and says 'it's all obvious, really, isn't it?' and we all look at each and go 'WTF????'.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 30 2011, 1:43 PM BST

F**k me, is it national NJ (NewsJack) day on here? Every pissing thread has is somewhere in the title. I'm fed up of seeing them.

Console