British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,069

:( Woken early by gas workers digging out road, always my house with compressor shit.

Last weekend 8.00 am.

WILL PEOPLE PLEEAASSSE STOP ASKING ME FOR MONEY!!!!!!!!!

I will if you give me some money

Quote: dellas @ September 26 2011, 10:11 AM BST

:( Woken early by gas workers digging out road, always my house with compressor shit.

Last weekend 8.00 am.

Builders working on my house for the four months starting last month, you think a jackhammer in the street is bad, try having one in the room beside your bedroom. (Although to be fair it's nice not to have to set my alarm, or worry about falling back to sleep again)

Bored with hearing about Paula bleedin' Radcliffe.

I doubt she'll go away until after Summer 2012 now. :(

Had a rammy on the phone with a cold caller. Do these people think their sales patter is so brilliant it will overcome the fact I've signed on to Telephone Preference because I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM THE SWINE!

Waiting for my 5 spot on Parachute Comedy.

Prepare for laughtergeddon London.

Quote: keewik @ September 26 2011, 5:12 PM BST

Had a rammy on the phone with a cold caller. Do these people think their sales patter is so brilliant it will overcome the fact I've signed on to Telephone Preference because I DON'T WANT TO HEAR FROM THE SWINE!

Try telling them that they are performing an illegal act by cold calling a number on the Telephone Preference List, then demand to know the Registered Address of their company and his/her name.

If they continue just put the phone down.

Ellie would like a new cycle. Who would like to buy one for her?

Like this you mean?

Or do you want a bicycle?

Quote: billwill @ September 26 2011, 9:22 PM BST

Try telling them that they are performing an illegal act by cold calling a number on the Telephone Preference List, then demand to know the Registered Address of their company and his/her name.

If they continue just put the phone down.

Put the phone down! Put the phone down! (Splutters with rage). Once he started into his spiel (having lied and said he wasn't selling anything) I told him I wasn't interested and that we were on TPS. The bastard then said "Don't you be nippy with me!" I put the phone down. He rang again. I lifted it and put it down. He rang again. Mr Keewik threatened him with the Police and put the phone down. He rang again. Mr K then read back the number and said he'd report it again. Put the phone down. He rang again! We ignored it. He rang again! Six calls. We've sent an email to TPS. The number was 01592 642600 and if you Google it, masses of complaints come up. it seems to be a firm in Fife and indeed I'd say he had a Fife accent (and did give that name of the company. I still want to kill him.

This is interesting !

phone that number, you get a weird tone, so don't bother.

The firm is DM Designs and operate under many pseudonyms.

If you phone 0800 185186, you get to the same place, but they pay for the call.

Ask for Donald McLeod, and perhaps ask what his 19 year old female staff think of him ;-)

news.scotsman.com/news/Director-pays-out-for-kissing.2346667.jp
(dchurch bah, Thu 28 Jul 2011, 8:24, closed)

Quote: keewik @ September 26 2011, 9:50 PM BST

Put the phone down! Put the phone down! (Splutters with rage). Once he started into his spiel (having lied and said he wasn't selling anything) I told him I wasn't interested and that we were on TPS. The bastard then said "Don't you be nippy with me!" I put the phone down. He rang again. I lifted it and put it down. He rang again. Mr Keewik threatened him with the Police and put the phone down. He rang again. Mr K then read back the number and said he'd report it again. Put the phone down. He rang again! We ignored it. He rang again! Six calls.

What the f**k, seriously? That's insane.
What an absolute freak.

Quote: sootyj @ September 25 2011, 6:41 PM BST

Hey Bussell what do you say at the Alzheimer's support group?

5 times a meeting every bloody week!

Obviously you're there too - as it wasn't Bussell!