British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 790

It was light to the point of being ridiculous and the cybermen killed by a father's love, jeez I don't know any show that would be that lame

Quote: sootyj @ September 24 2011, 8:33 PM BST

It was light to the point of being ridiculous and the cybermen killed by a father's love, jeez I don't know any show that would be that lame

Your Who-Polar has kicked in again!

Corden and Smith riff off each other pretty well and appear to be having fun, like last time. Unlike last time it was pants. They really don't have a clue want to do with the cybermen in New Who. What they should do is just forget about them.

Quote: sootyj @ September 24 2011, 8:33 PM BST

I'm afraid you do, and it's called Doctor Who.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 24 2011, 8:35 PM BST

Your Who-Polar has kicked in again!

You're addicted to wrongness.

Quote: Badge @ September 24 2011, 8:43 PM BST

Corden and Smith riff off each other pretty well and appear to be having fun, like last time. Unlike last time it was pants. They really don't have a clue want to do with the cybermen in New Who. What they should do is just forget about them.

I'm afraid you do, and it's called Doctor Who.

Ok other than smarty arsey

Quote: sootyj @ September 24 2011, 8:44 PM BST

You're addicted to wrongness.

I don't believe I've raved about this Ep. It wasn't great, but it was a nicer watch than, say, the Pirate Ep from the first half. That's what I was poking at, there are many shades between brilliant and the worst thing ever. (Though generally not on the internet, I grant you!)

You showed too much enthusiasim

Jack "The Fades" Thorne should take over as show runner.

Quote: William Purry @ September 24 2011, 8:58 PM BST

Jack "The Fades" Thorne should take over as show runner.

He'd have to write an episode first. And are you judging him on ONE ep of The Fades? Little early!

Wow, that was wank.

And all the baby gags had been done already they rehashed them and added nothing new

And all the baby gags had been done already they rehashed them and added nothing new

Incredibly irresponsible of the writers to decide that a great creation , like the Cybermen, should 'suddenly' be able to be defeated by a fathers love and a baby crying.
Hopeless.

That and the Dr survives Cyberman chop because it had a bust arm.

Quote: Lazzard @ September 24 2011, 9:22 PM BST

Incredibly irresponsible of the writers to decide that a great creation , like the Cybermen, should 'suddenly' be able to be defeated by a fathers love and a baby crying.
Hopeless.

Wasn't it because Craig was still connected to the machinery, and as he was being turned into a Cyber Controller, he was able to override their emotion inhibitors and made them feel his emotions, sending them mental? Which whilst being a bit naff and easy, does make sense.

Or did I get that wrong?

It's a bit improbable.
Look if I was a cyberman and I saw the Dr lying sparko on the floor I did give him a damn good shoeing with my cyber boots. Then get my cyber cock out and cyber piss all over him.

He's my mother f**king nemesis for flips sake!

If you met your nememsis, would you just chop them once and piss off?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 24 2011, 9:26 PM BST

Wasn't it because Craig was still connected to the machinery, and as he was being turned into a Cyber Controller, he was able to override their emotion inhibitors and made them feel his emotions, sending them mental? Which whilst being a bit naff and easy, does make sense.

Or did I get that wrong?

No you go that right.

Except Cybermen basically get their brains ripped out when they're created so Corden would have been a weepy brain in a tin can.

Quote: sootyj @ September 24 2011, 9:31 PM BST

Except Cybermen basically get their brains ripped out when they're created so Corden would have been a weepy brain in a tin can.

The parallel world ones we saw with Tennant did, These seemed like they were from this Universe, as they'd been under there for hundreds of years.