British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,061

I think I've just won Oldrocker. I don't remember signing out but when I came back to the forum I wasn't signed in so will toddle off and finish my drink while I still can.
Wave

I just had a bottle of wine and off to bed I have an inspection tomorrow and I'm already preping for damage limitation

This site is so uplifting! (returns to large glass of wine feeling free from alcoholic guilt).

On to my second Hobgoblin of the night.

What's hobgoblin (apart from being a repulsive evil manikin)?

Quote: keewik @ September 22 2011, 12:01 AM BST

What's hobgoblin (apart from being a repulsive evil manikin)?

A lovely 5.2% dark beer.

Yuk!

Quote: keewik @ September 22 2011, 12:11 AM BST

Yuk!

It's pretty good, actually.

Quote: DaButt @ September 22 2011, 12:15 AM BST

It's pretty good, actually.

Probably the best beer in the world!

I wouldn't go that far but I wouldn't pass up a pint of it, either.

Just poured the eighth !

:S

Quote: Chappers @ September 22 2011, 12:17 AM BST

Probably the best beer in the world!

Duvel ?

I have plenty more beers to sample during my lifetime (I hope!) but so far this is at the top of my list of great brews:

DaButt, you ever seen one of those umm, mail wine clubs thingies where as you can imagine it's a wine club by mail. I believe you get free samples of a variety of wines. I wonder if there's a beer equivalent? You should look into it.

Quote: DaButt @ September 22 2011, 12:42 AM BST

I have plenty more beers to sample during my lifetime (I hope!) but so far this is at the top of my list of great brews:

Looks a bit too lagery for me. I know you do like some of the dark stuff though. Quite like the name though. Maybe we should start a thread on bitter names because there are some really clever ones.

Getting ready to whip up 2 batches of yeast for an ESB of my own design that I'll be brewing Sunday. I think I'll split it into 2 5-gallon batches and use a different strain of yeast in each one. One will use Fullers' yeast and the other Brakspear's.

Quote: Chappers @ September 22 2011, 12:48 AM BST

Looks a bit too lagery for me.

That's no lager. It's a double IPA and uses an incredible amount of hops. It's a flavor explosion like no other.

It's brewed year-round but you can almost never find it on the shelf and many shops have a 2-bottle purchase limit.

Quote: Leevil @ September 22 2011, 12:48 AM BST

DaButt, you ever seen one of those umm, mail wine clubs thingies where as you can imagine it's a wine club by mail. I believe you get free samples of a variety of wines. I wonder if there's a beer equivalent? You should look into it.

There's an endless variety of American craft beers on my local shelves. I'd do it for UK beers but I have a feeling it might be illegal/impossible to ship them to the States.

Who wants to mail me a few bottles of Landlord so that I can properly compare them to the version I brew at home?