British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,060

We both hide at parties and we both smell books. Hmmmm?

Quote: zooo @ September 21 2011, 7:03 PM BST

Ha, that's the sort of thing I do.

In other words, WE ARE BOTH AWESOME. Yup.

Shattered!

Spouse is away and Riley is enjoying a few very large baccardis.

About to get merrily pissed !

Made the claim for State Pension today, agreed, £114 pw starting in 62 days and simultaneous end of NI contributions, another £220 per month!

There are compensations for being old!

"ignores downsides for the moment"

:)

Where are the kids Riley? Where are the kids?

Minor is fast asleep. Major is watching Waterloo Road on iPlayer. Why? Do you have nefarious intent towards them?

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 21 2011, 9:04 PM BST

About to get merrily pissed !

:)

Wassail old chap!

No merely concerned for the poor darlings welfare.

Quote: sootyj @ September 21 2011, 9:13 PM BST

No merely concerned for the poor darlings welfare.

They are perfectly safe. I am surrounded by completely sober neighbours.

Oh an intervention.

I love those I have one most weeks

If you're that bothered, the reason for the doubles is I have a long standing and incurable back condition, which during normal life doesn't actually bother me as I get up and move about when I need. However, as I'm now a student rather than the lecturer it means, despite getting a nice adjustable chair, I am expected to sit for forty/fifty minutes at a stretch. Stick two hours driving to get to and from uni and in the evening I have choice: wreck my liver with ibruprofen or alcohol. Tonight I fancied baccardi rather the tablets.

Quote: KLRiley @ September 21 2011, 9:25 PM BST

wreck my liver with ibruprofen or alcohol. Tonight I fancied baccardi rather the tablets.

A well reasoned and entirely understandable argument !

Race you to see who gets pissed first (I'm only three pints in at the moment but should be eight come midnightish!)

Hic!

:P

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 21 2011, 9:38 PM BST

A well reasoned and entirely understandable argument !

Race you to see who gets pissed first (I'm only three pints in at the moment but should be eight come midnightish!)

Hic!

:P

I am drinking the baccardi in pint glasses so probably holding level with you. ;)

That's not a pint of baccardi btw. It's a generous measure of spirit drowned in coca cola.

Quote: KLRiley @ September 21 2011, 9:25 PM BST

If you're that bothered, the reason for the doubles is I have a long standing and incurable back condition, which during normal life doesn't actually bother me as I get up and move about when I need. However, as I'm now a student rather than the lecturer it means, despite getting a nice adjustable chair, I am expected to sit for forty/fifty minutes at a stretch. Stick two hours driving to get to and from uni and in the evening I have choice: wreck my liver with ibruprofen or alcohol. Tonight I fancied baccardi rather the tablets.

Jeez, give your liver a brake and get some weed on the go.

Hey I jut drink cos my life is despairing and hopeless

that and being opportunistically raped by a tramp is the cloest I ever get to know the feeling people call love