British Comedy Guide

What are you reading right now? Page 138

The Scavenger's Tale by Rachel Anderson. Pretty good dystopian SF, and at only 131 pages it's the ideal length for my mayfly attention span.

That's a gay boy's novella length, that is.

Iain Banks - RAW SPIRIT

Quote: john lucas 101 @ September 8 2011, 2:13 PM BST

That's a gay boy's novella length, that is.

Pff! It's thin enough that I can bend it in half and slip it into my back pocket with my comb and flicknife. Ayyy! Cool

Quote: chipolata @ September 8 2011, 2:25 PM BST

Pff! It's thin enough that I can bend it in half and slip it into my back pocket with my comb and flicknife. Ayyy! Cool

I wondered what that unsightly bulge was.

Quote: Marc P @ September 8 2011, 2:17 PM BST

Iain Banks - RAW SPIRIT

Any good?

Now reading The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis. Requiring rather more effort than I care to expend on something that's meant to be enjoyable

' Medea' by Euripides , every day tale of ... well that would be a spoiler.

Serious short story, powerful encourage you to read.

Philosophy , I'm a fan.

Quote: sootyj @ September 7 2011, 12:35 PM BST

I suppose the question is how far have you got?

Most of the books are semi ghost written, so I suspect like a lot of writers he will be end up being more prolific after his death.

Sooty, you know you're just winding people up, don't you? Anyway what does being ghost written have to do with being more prolific after his death? Jordan's books are ghost written, are they going to be more popular after her death? Are they going to be popular at all after her five minutes of fame?

Rousseau's "Confessions". Boring.

Daughters of the witching hill

Pendle witches n all that shiz

Whistling nnocently WH0oooo

Kill Your Friends, quite funny so far. Only about 30 pages in.

While I was away, I finished "The Good Fairies of New York." it started off quite funny but became a bit 'samey'. Light weight and quite entertaining. Now on 'And the Land Lay Still' which is another kettle of fish. I'd never heard of James Robertson but he's won a few prizes.

Quote: AJGO @ September 9 2011, 3:55 PM BST

Any good?

Now reading The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis. Requiring rather more effort than I care to expend on something that's meant to be enjoyable

Half and half yes. But a good read not a great one.

Quote: dellas @ September 10 2011, 9:46 AM BST

' Medea' by Euripides , every day tale of ... well that would be a spoiler.

Serious short story, powerful encourage you to read.

Philosophy , I'm a fan.

Euripides trousers Eumenidies trousers.

Forgot my meanness about The Informers, that was the day I was trying not to smoke!

Reading 'Through the Language Glass-Why the World Looks Different in Other Languages'. Very very very good