British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 754

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 16 2011, 11:28 AM BST

Mental f**king internet knobheads. Why are they almost always women? Why can't they f**k off to a mental forum? Is there one of those? There could be. We'll send them over there.. like Australia!

There is already one Nat.

You've found it.

Mental f**king internet knobheads. Why are they almost always women? Why can't they f**k off to a mental forum? Is there one of those? There could be. We'll send them over there.. like Australia!

Take comfort in at least some percentage of them being men in disguise.

Haven't you worked it out yet. They send us here and then one by one they start "removing" us.

Griff, Tim Walker...I don't think Ben has posted for ages.

They haven't really "left the site" or "gone on a break"

Then of course they keep sending us the new ones......to have all hope drained from their very souls.

I do miss the days when we had so many opinionated, contentious yet genuine and intelligent posters. There are still interesting people on here of course but the inmates have definitely taken over the asylum. The fruit loops and trolls have created such a mess now that it takes a concerted effort to pick out anything valuable, entertaining or interesting from the dross.

Mental f**king internet knobheads.

The trick is to spot what they are early on and then ignore them.

Quote: David Bussell @ September 16 2011, 11:43 AM BST

I do miss the days when we had so many opinionated, contentious yet genuine and intelligent posters. There are still interesting people on here of course but the inmates have definitely taken over the asylum. The fruit loops and trolls have created such a mess now that it takes a concerted effort to pick out anything valuable, entertaining or interesting from the dross.

Yeh it is getting a bit of an intellectual desert.

I think it's the perenial problem of too much time for time wasters.

Quote: bigfella @ September 16 2011, 11:37 AM BST

Haven't you worked it out yet. They send us here and then one by one they start "removing" us.

Griff, Tim Walker...I don't think Ben has posted for ages.

They haven't really "left the site" or "gone on a break"

Then of course they keep sending us the new ones......to have all hope drained from their very souls.

Erm that's sounding worryingly nuts

Quote: KLRiley @ September 16 2011, 9:18 AM BST

Riley tried to sign off yesterday and duly called the number on the little green booklet. The conversation went something along these lines...
"And where is your new job?"
"I haven't got a job. I'm starting a course at university. Today."
"Well, I can't sign you off over the phone. You have to come into the office or send in the booklet."
"But why can't you sign me off now? I don't want to claim benefit and I don't have time to come into the office as it's an hour's round trip."
"Because this line is only for people who've found work."
"But it's the same computer system, isn't it?"
"Yes, but I'm only here to sign off people who have found work."
"So, rather than putting the information on the system now, I have to entrust the booklet to the post and my details will get changed sometime next week?"
"Correct."
"You could have amended my claim in the time we've been talking."
"No I couldn't because you need to send the booklet in."
At that point Riley gave up and went to induction. Why do they have to make things so difficult?

Maybe you should have just said that your new job was at "University of <Whatever>" and the job title is Scholar.

Perhaps Bill. But I got a letter today just to cheer me up about a job I went for in early July. I didn't get it. I had worked that one out but how on earth does it take ten weeks to make a decision?

Quote: David Bussell @ September 16 2011, 11:43 AM BST

There are still interesting people on here of course

Cheers m'dears/

People that indicate in their car but aren't actually changing lanes, this kills me everytime. Can't you hear that annoying clicking sound pal? Pretty minor but upsets me majorly.

And people who think they're being responsible by indicating early when there's still a smaller road to pass and you stand there like an idiot not sure who's going to actually turn and who's just an annoying twat

Arse hairs!

I ordered Day of the Dead on DVD but I sent for the wanky remake by mistake

Poo bum wee

Quote: Gavin @ September 16 2011, 1:49 PM BST

Cheers m'dears/

Sorry Gav we had a meeting and you're not one of the interesting ones.

Now go write another Flinstones rip off about Dr Who...again.

Then get your shoe shine box.

Quote: sootyj @ September 16 2011, 10:00 PM BST

Sorry Gav we had a meeting and you're not one of the interesting ones.

Now go write another Flinstones rip off about Dr Who...again.

Then get your shoe shine box.

Will a list of the Cognoscenti / Illuminati be published at some time?

Just so we Lessers know when we're in 'the presence'.

:|