British Comedy Guide

Thought I'd put myself up for a pasting... Page 3

Quote: sootyj @ September 15 2011, 8:24 PM BST

much funnier than hi status.

Depends how you do it. Paul F Tompkins is high status and he's one of the funniest stand ups around.

Ok there are exceptions to every rule (especially by it's own definition it makes them more unusual).

But in general I find it way easier to be low status and it seems to be a more common tactic for standups.

I mean just look how hard Jimmy Carr has to work as a hi status standup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSahEDRjvw&feature=related

Quote: Marc P @ September 16 2011, 9:58 AM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSahEDRjvw&feature=related

I've never seen that!
Or perhaps I was very, very drunk at the time.
Thanks.

Yes it's a good one! :)

Surprised you haven't I am guessing ver ver drunk!

Quote: Clare Harrison @ September 16 2011, 12:22 AM BST

P.S I actually don't know how to spell concocktion is wasnt meant to be an innuendo, and im sorry you havent got that type of humour and think im a bellend. I think Carry On humour is the funniest ever, but each to their own. Sooty let me know when I can also be a puppet, ill be Sue. Night night. & thanks again for listening and all the advice. xxx

I'm not just talking about your spelling. I'm talking about the painful innuendo which is aparent throughout both your series of forum posts and your sketches. And I'm fairly sure that I'm not the only one to notice.

It's cheap and it's not even well done, and to refer to it as Carry On style, is insulting to some of the best comedy writers and actors of British history.

It's not that I don't 'get it', as you keep implying to people all over the forum (I think I've read you say that to three separate people). There is nothing to GET. It's not like it's complex.. It's the simplest of the simple. It's just not funny.

There's no point in me attempting to be supportive because you've obviously got cloth ears. I'm sure you'll really really appreciate the feedback, you really will. At least you've got loads of fans in America, right?

Congrats at burning one of the only bridges you had left on the forum.

I hope to God this is a 'character' of yours.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 16 2011, 11:27 AM BST

Congrats at burning one of the only bridges you had left on the forum.

So you were the one sending those PMs!

I closed off completly when I heard all that mumbo jumbo psychobabble quackery coupled with split second changes from grovelling apologies to bitter berating of genuine people.
Over and out.

You're all jealous of this person who doesn't seem to make friends easily.

Well I thought it was one of the best things I've seen on Critique.

You know I've had a pefectly respectable, unfunny and offensive skit about mental illness on critique yesterday.

And not one offensive critique.

Screw you all!

HI David, I promise I won't piss on you when you are on fire if I ever meet you but I doubt I will.

well its been fun on here guys, to be honest its not my cupa of tea, many of you are negative and nasty and its not the way life and the industry works to be honest, not that any of you would know that. I tried to appolgise but most of you are blatantly nasty and I don't battle with that . But nice to meet you all- NOT!

You're the nastiest person in all the conversations I've read. It's blatant name calling and accusations of jealousy. There are many members who have been here for years and get on with each other very well. It's only until you arrived that this has become an issue. This forum existed before you and will long last after you have left.

And by the way, this is predominantly a sitcom and comedy appreciation/fan website, not a writer's one. So stop going on about the bloody industry.

Good riddance!

No matter what I do is wrong in your eyes David so im over this, just think yourself lucky you aint a girl, you only picked on me because im a girl, if I was a bloke you wouldnt be nasty, weak men always pick on girls, and good job I aint a bloke because you really wouldnt want to mess with me if I was.

Dont try and turn the whole thing around one me, LEEVIL evil is even in your name you bellend!

You're very negative as well. And jealous.

Well I don't tend to pronounce my name as Level. Pleased