British Comedy Guide

Thought I'd put myself up for a pasting... Page 2

The hairdresser one a portrayla of a thick bird, men generally prefer women who are stupid and not intelligent, I thought you would like that one. Its great that mostly females like my work, strong women are finally allowed to be themselves- FINALLY!

* portrayal

Bloody hell, are you sure you are not an EX X factor contestant. One of those who are told they can't sing so they slag the judges and tell the backroom staff 'you aint seen the last of me'

All I have read is honest (and accurate) crititism of your material. Don't shoot the messenger - make better stuff.

I can, im not disputing that Lee, I apprecaite it have you not read the above, why can't you see that?

Appearance isn't much of a concern, I got a pity shag from the Elephant man and he's been dead for a 100 years.

nb it's a tough world out there. Your stuff looks lazy and you use lazy techniques.

Puns should be used sparingly if at all and you sprinkle them through out your work. And the shouting and you telegraph your punchlines like Jenny Agutter waving a skid marked pair of red knickers.

nb the sarc marks my avatar in a true sense. If you're that interested hidden somewhere on the net are some vids of my standup.

But the biggest thing that helped my modest success in writing was listening to critics. I can say alot of people here know their onions and are worth listening to.

You're giving anyone who might actually advance your career so

I said I would take it into consideration and I have and I have thanked them for their time in doing so but im also allowed to have my opinion aswell , and I refuse to not give up because a "few" people didnt like my work! But thanks guys for the effort to look at and give me feedback on my stuff, I do appreciate it I really do. Im going to put up a stuid song now in showcase so you can really have a go......................

Quote: Clare Harrison @ September 15 2011, 8:15 PM BST

The hairdresser one a portrayla of a thick bird, men generally prefer women who are stupid and not intelligent, I thought you would like that one. Its great that mostly females like my work, strong women are finally allowed to be themselves- FINALLY!

* portrayal

Nope it's funny and nicely acted with a good script.

And you don't seem to be getting major props from female BCGers.

But I found the easiest technique in standup is to play low status. Much easier, much funnier than hi status.

Quote: Clare Harrison @ September 15 2011, 8:20 PM BST

I said I would take it into consideration and I have and I have thanked them for their time in doing so but im also allowed to have my opinion aswell , and I refuse to not give up because a "few" people didnt like my work! But thanks guys for the effort to look at and give me feedback on my stuff, I do appreciate it I really do. Im going to put up a stuid song now in showcase so you can really have a go......................

At which point I'm out of this conversation.

Goodluck

Let me know if you've got any fresh stuff to view.

Yeah im out aswell , we could go on and on argueing and I can't be arsed anymore. I do appreciate your time though I really do so thank you for taking the time to tell me your thoughts. Im off to try to get Simon Cowell to say yes. Thanks. x

P.S Renee this is HARDLY X factor now is it! :) xxxxx

You know what? You come across madder than a meat hammer, and this video is horribly edited. The material is a REAL struggle, but I'm really not hating your performances. Have you ever thought about teaming up with a writer and performing their work? There's no shame in being a comic actress. Of course this is the only vid I've seen and can therefore judge by; I would be quite interested to see how your writing and characterisation has progressed.

As if this is my 8000th post. I suppose it ecapsulates the BCG fairly well.

I just read the title of this thread and am a little puzzled. I thought it meant critiquing in some way.

Agreed with Nat, Clare. I think it would do everything a world of good if you bring a few more people in on this. Writers, actors etc, I can respect that you can envisage so many situations, I wish I could think of that many, but I think they would benefit from having someone else sticking their noses into the script and just in general.

Hi Nat & Bill and everyone . Cheers, yeah I have performed with other comediens actors and actresses, ive made over two hundred comedy sketches recently, id love to post them to be cained by you lot but I can't be arsed as im too lazy as matey, oh whatsisname, sooty the puppet says . Id like to see him (sooty) and Sweep do yoga like Madonna does in that ,that's hardly lazy, I worked my arse off to dance like that. Anyway, yeah I agree would be cool to collaborate, I have recently, but the guy ended up being more mental than me and that is not a good concocktion- I know you don't spell it like that and im too lazy to find the spell check on here. I don't fancy putting up any new stuff just yet, im in the process of editing a half hour pilot show, its a bit like the fast show as in quick sketches but the material is not like the fast show, im not that genius just yet! Thanks for all your support, oh I was just talking to my bra. Thanks for all your support, yes im talking to you. x

You would benefit a lot by dropping the innuendo.

I have a suggestion. Why not a Clare and Sooty collaboration? Sooty could write a character sketch for Clare to act straight to camera. Is it wron that I genuinely think it could work?

Well more disturbing.

That we're like puppets to you and you're pulling the strings...

Nat id do that for sure, but he lives in Totnes and hes a puppet, there is no way im sticking my hand up his arse, even though hes sweet and yellow. But yeah id work with him even though hes a bit scary......

P.S I actually don't know how to spell concocktion is wasnt meant to be an innuendo, and im sorry you havent got that type of humour and think im a bellend. I think Carry On humour is the funniest ever, but each to their own. Sooty let me know when I can also be a puppet, ill be Sue. Night night. & thanks again for listening and all the advice. xxx

Quote: Clare Harrison @ September 15 2011, 7:56 PM BST

Thanks Dad, sorry I mean David

I'm no spring chicken but my being your dad would have to involve a time machine.

I will take what you have said into consideration, I really should have been quieter and chilled and took my time about it all.

No one's saying you need to be a shrinking violet but there's a way to let your extrovert nature shine through without being obnoxious. From the response you've had on here so far I'd say you haven't found that balance yet.

I know what im like and I can't change it

You could, you just choose not to. That's an important distinction. People are capable of development but only if they seek to improve themselves.

im sorry but I will tame it down and be less in peoples faces with it all, I do admit I am at some fault here I really do and I should button it more I know. I did turn up like an Elton John fan club and throw down my tiara and feather boa at everyone, im sorry I really am, I will take your advice and im sorry you got this perception of me.

That's quite alright. And for my part, I'm sorry if I've come over as patronising at all. I'm glad we've having this adult conversation.

I can make friends my own way but im sure your way is right and right for YOU! Not every one is going to like you, but some will, like my work and creations, some people will love it some will hate it. ‎'Great thinkers have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds.' Albert Einstein. If you have noticed the people who are most successful are the ones who shout the loudest and get noticed.

Ahhhh.....
Because Albert Einstein was a gobby swine, right?