British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,046

Quote: TopBanana @ September 15 2011, 8:09 PM BST

Good, so far :)

A related question: can a 42 year old woman be a MILF even if she doesn't have children?

Whistling nnocently Does this mean 'A Marigold I'd Like to de-Flower'?

Mature intelligent liberated female??

Quote: TopBanana @ September 15 2011, 8:34 PM BST

Why won't Leevil admit that he loves me a bit?

Mate, you couldn't get any more man-love from anyone else. You sexy Alan Titchmarsh motherf**ker!

Quote: EllieJP @ August 31 2011, 12:18 PM BST

I'm here.

Ellie is a liar! Not been seen since August - anyone heard from the special one?

She's been on a little bit. She's just started another new job.

Quote: zooo @ September 15 2011, 11:50 PM BST

Ah, I'd forgotten about that but not posting? Does that constitute lurking? I thought that only applied to dirty old men in grubby macs...

...I'll get me coat... ;)

Bugger!

IT did an update on my laptop today while I used a different machine at work. I have a 9.00am meeting tomorrow and I was about to change some files in readiness for it. Unfortunately the IT update has rendered a number of key software packages useless so I'm gonna look pretty foolish come the morning unless I can diagnose a fix myself. (Ha!) Huh?

Quote: zooo @ September 15 2011, 11:50 PM BST

and she has been to new york too.

;) Just PM her!

OH my God just had a dream about Gordon Ramsey!...

"Jeremy, we in IT are going to upgrade your laptop which we know is working absolutely fine already. When it's done you'll have an unfamiliar operating system, slower performance due to the back up and encryption process and have all your main software packages, which you use daily, rendered totally useless as none of them will open."

"Gee, thanks guys!"

"Another feature will be that you will have to get up extra early to go into work to complete your project on your office computer as you now can't do anything off-site."

"Wow! How will I ever repay you?"
[*With a 'High 5'. In the face. With a chair.]

Quote: Tuumble @ September 16 2011, 7:15 AM BST

"Jeremy, we in IT are going to upgrade your laptop which we know is working absolutely fine already. When it's done you'll have an unfamiliar operating system, slower performance due to the back up and encryption process and have all your main software packages, which you use daily, rendered totally useless as none of them will open."

"Gee, thanks guys!"

"Another feature will be that you will have to get up extra early to go into work to complete your project on your office computer as you now can't do anything off-site."

"Wow! How will I ever repay you?"
[*With a 'High 5'. In the face. With a chair.]

You know Tuumble if we can get your IT guys together with the bureaucrats at the job seekers office, we could bring the UK to it's knees by elevensies.

Got a Kindle today. It's not bad. Surprised by the lack of back-lighting though. Sure it doesn't smell like a book but the screen and text do look like one. Haven't had it long enough to figure out how to hold it and still be able to turn the pages. But I'm quite impressed. Plus it was only £79.99 (refurbished).

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B002Y27P46/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

It's not back lit because it is a different technology, try it outside and see what I mean. You need to get a cover with a slide out reading lamp!

I understand that its more geared towards reading in direct sunlight and prolonged battery life but I would have thought a small lamp or something so you can read it in bed, under the covers kinda thing. But I'm not complaining. I'm really impressed. Definitely going to get a cover, I'd cry if the screen got scratched or broken in any other way.

Meanwhile World War Two has broken out again in Sheringham this week end. Am deliberating on what to wear tonight. Doesn't officially start till tomorrow but hey! :)