British Comedy Guide

I hate David Walliams Page 12

I'm getting this really strange feeling. I think it's called 'Respect for David Walliams'.

Not for the showboating swim, obviously, but for the fact that the guy got diarrhoea and vomiting and ... got back in the water and carried on swimming!

I have never had this feeling before - is there something wrong with me?

Yes.

Quote: Bomsh @ September 12 2011, 7:06 PM BST

I'm getting this really strange feeling. I think it's called 'Respect for David Walliams'.

Not for the showboating swim, obviously, but for the fact that the guy got diarrhoea and vomiting and ... got back in the water and carried on swimming!

I imagine that's second nature to anyone who's tried to make it on BBC Three.

The man is working hard to gain our affections.

If you are in London give him a moment's thought when you flush your toilet.

He's a funny guy.

Some of you berks take yourselves too seriously.

I don't quite get the hatred for him.

He was good in Little Britain he's a perfectly decent light entertainment presenter, the shows he's in might not set the night on fire but generally they're entertaining.

And his fund raising seams to have involved genuine effort and commitment on his behalf.

I do like his stuff and his swim was fantastic. I know a lot of it is an act but he does - at times - have a certain smugness.

Devious Williwam is moist and camp with a capital caravan site.

He's lovely.

You've got to admire his charity work, there's not many celebrities that would put their pampered bodies in raw sewage.

I quite like him, he's harmless, and Little Britain is funny, if a little gross.

I quite liked Little Britain when I 'discovered' it on its first airing (on BBC Three?). Then of course it got massively popular...and over-hyped (in my view). But in the 1st series they had a sketch where the Walliams character had an almighty crush on the Lucas character's granny (who was about ninety years old). I thought it was brilliant; hilarious and it made me uncomfortable/unsure about why I was laughing. Shame they ditched it.

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ September 13 2011, 1:28 AM BST

He's a funny guy.

Some of you berks take yourselves too seriously.

Fair Dos. Lots of good work going all the way back to Rock Profiles.

But you don't have to respect someone to find them funny. Case in point: Hancock

Yes scottidog, you have a point!

;) You have to admire a comedian who puts his 'mouth were the money is'

I feel privileged to know he probably had one of my jobbys bounce against his nose.