British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 784

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/s7/doctor-who/news/a340219/john-barrowman-wants-female-doctor-who-catherine-tate-would-make-lovely-time-lord.html

Long story short, Barrowman says the next doctor should be female, I disagree because I don't think it would feel right, anyone elsehave any thoughts?

Nah.

I don't think the next doctor should be female, but I'd like to think it could. Catherine Tate is a no-no. Alex Kingston is the obvious choice, although a younger, grungy actress like Jamie Winston might be fun.

I enjoyed last week's episode, the story intrigued me. I was wondeirng what Mr Baby would do if faced with a similar dilemma. The sword fight was pretty cool.

Quote: AngieBaby @ September 13 2011, 9:59 PM BST

I enjoyed last week's episode, the story intrigued me. I was wondeirng what Mr Baby would do if faced with a similar dilemma. The sword fight was pretty cool.

I think he'd take Rory.

Males regenerate into Males & Females regenerate into Females.
Well that's how it always was on my street.

If they did bring in a female Timelady then I'd like to see Lumley

:) from behind :)

Quote: AngieBaby @ September 13 2011, 9:59 PM BST

I don't think the next doctor should be female, but I'd like to think it could. Catherine Tate is a no-no. Alex Kingston is the obvious choice, although a younger, grungy actress like Jamie Winston might be fun.

I just think it would be annoying, like Gwen in Torchwood.

Quote: AngieBaby @ September 13 2011, 10:01 PM BST

:) from behind :)

:D

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 13 2011, 10:01 PM BST

Exactly! :D

It would depend on the woman, obviously.

But I'd rather they didn't, to be honest.

They won't.

Wouldn't a female timelord have trouble with her time periods?

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 13 2011, 10:02 PM BST

I just think it would be annoying, like Gwen in Torchwood.

I quite liked Gwen to begin with but then she got all serious, having a baby and all that. If the doctor was a cool, single chick, who visited planets to do a bit of shopping, I might be more interested. But I am quite shallow.

Quote: AngieBaby @ September 13 2011, 10:11 PM BST

If the doctor was a cool, single chick, who visited planets to do a bit of shopping,

Am oot.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 13 2011, 10:01 PM BST

I seam to remeber a line in "The Doctor's Wife" where they talked about some Time Lord Pirate who changed gender through regeneration.

Quote: Jamey @ September 13 2011, 10:26 PM BST

I seam to remeber a line in "The Doctor's Wife" where they talked about some Time Lord Pirate who changed gender through regeneration.

I'm with Jamey. I think it's what underlies the whole River Song story arc. If he's got her remaining regenerations as well as solving the problem of running out, the doctor can now change gender and colour.

Just please, please, please, not Alexis Kingston.

He will never regenerate into a woman, accept this truth.