British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 782

Quote: zooo @ September 12 2011, 1:58 PM BST

She had a handless robot.

I take it back.

Quote: zooo @ September 12 2011, 1:58 PM BST

She had a handless robot.

:D And the voice thingy that told her stuff. Plus Rory must've been on his own for quite a while at the beginning when the box thingy was hidden.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 12 2011, 2:02 PM BST

the voice thingy

the box thingy

I am so 'down' with the terminology of this show.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 12 2011, 2:03 PM BST

:D And the voice thingy that told her stuff. Plus Rory must've been on his own for quite a while at the beginning when the box thingy was hidden.

He was a plastic Auton thing, maybe he could go into sleep mode. Or something.

I choose not to believe that, why make an army of 'machines' and then have them go to sleep? Rory was cool about it, Amy was a stroppy redhead.

Quote: sootyj @ September 12 2011, 11:30 AM BST

Watching Dalek on Watch.

Still easily the best episode.

Bollocks. Nothing with Daleks in it can be taken seriously.

Blink is almost universally acknowledged as one of the finest pieces of television ever. I watched it for about the eighth time yesterday and I still can't get bored of it.

Aah Kevin in tht you are right but see all too little of the picture.

Daleks plural=bad, yes

Daleks singular= great

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 12 2011, 12:49 PM BST

I'm agreeing with you Riley, suck it up.

I would but sooty would get jealous. ;)
Misunderstood where you were arguing from Nil as the brain is slightly befuddled after battling officaldom all day. And I still can't get into my email account.

Amy stranded for years in an automated bloody hospital again and can't sort it out??? She even built her own sonic screwdriver but still stuck there for years. She is obviously useless. As a feminist I want to see feisty strong female characters who can take action and dictate outcome.

Like River Song...?

Quote: zooo @ September 12 2011, 7:57 PM BST

Like River Song...?

:D

I do like Blink
But I still don't understand why an Angel throws a Rock at Sally head in the intro.
If she wasn't looking, then why didn't the angel just get her & send her back in time.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 12 2011, 8:07 PM BST

I do like Blink
But I still don't understand why an Angel throws a Rock at Sally head in the intro.

For giggles?

Haha that would be great.
Angels with Spud Guns & Pea Shooters

Quote: KLRiley @ September 12 2011, 9:40 AM BST

Got rather irritated with Amy. Thirty odd years and she threw a massive hissy fit over it. Where was any empathy for Rory who went through a longer separation in the Tardis? Not to mention the minor matter of the couple of millenia for which he guarded the cube. Methinks, the lady doth protest too much.

Yeh but Rory's punching above his weight with high maintenance Amy though.

Quote: Marc P @ September 12 2011, 7:50 PM BST

As a feminist I want to see feisty strong female characters who can take action and dictate outcome.

I was disappointed with the way the older Amy still looked really fit, considering the debate about older women finding in hard to get on TV. After all, an older Doctor has previously been depicted as an ancient, shrunken husk, yet older Amy even had her hair in perfect condition, and hadn't put on an ounce. It might have made for a better drama if Rory still had the hots for a wizened old hag.