British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 781

Got rather irritated with Amy. Thirty odd years and she threw a massive hissy fit over it. Where was any empathy for Rory who went through a longer separation in the Tardis? Not to mention the minor matter of the couple of millenia for which he guarded the cube. Methinks, the lady doth protest too much.

Quote: KLRiley @ September 12 2011, 9:40 AM BST

Got rather irritated with Amy. Thirty odd years and she threw a massive hissy fit over it. Where was any empathy for Rory who went through a longer separation in the Tardis? Not to mention the minor matter of the couple of millenia for which he guarded the cube. Methinks, the lady doth protest too much.

Gosh - a stroppy redhead. You couldn't make it up!

Quote: Afinkawan @ September 12 2011, 9:55 AM BST

Gosh - a stroppy redhead. You couldn't make it up!

I know. The Moff is such a ground breaking writer.

Quote: KLRiley @ September 12 2011, 10:02 AM BST

I know. The Moff is such a ground breaking writer.

You're right, she should have just said 'ah well, mistakes happen'; moaning cow.

Quote: KLRiley @ September 12 2011, 9:40 AM BST

Got rather irritated with Amy. Thirty odd years and she threw a massive hissy fit over it. Where was any empathy for Rory who went through a longer separation in the Tardis?

No he didn't. They were in different time streams so Rory was only away from Amy for a matter of minutes.

Quote: chipolata @ September 12 2011, 10:18 AM BST

No he didn't. They were in different time streams so Rory was only away from Amy for a matter of minutes.

No. Going to argue with you on this one Chip. Watch the Doctor's Wife again. They may have been apart from minutes in her timestream, he aged at varying rates and went mad.

Dr Who companions are tough.

Anyone found blubbing between episodes gets unceremoniously dumped in Wales or North London.

Watching Dalek on Watch.

Still easily the best episode.

Quote: sootyj @ September 12 2011, 11:30 AM BST

Watching Dalek on Watch.

Still easily the best episode.

It's certainly a good one.

Quote: KLRiley @ September 12 2011, 10:59 AM BST

No. Going to argue with you on this one Chip. Watch the Doctor's Wife again. They may have been apart from minutes in her timestream, he aged at varying rates and went mad.

Well, I was specicically talking about this episode, but you have reminded me how much Moff era Who has used this theme.

And Rory waited centuries dressed as a Centurion, and he wasn't stroppy (just plastic).

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 12 2011, 12:40 PM BST

And Rory waited centuries dressed as a Centurion, and he was stroppy (just plastic).

Why do I bother?

I'm agreeing with you Riley, suck it up.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 12 2011, 12:40 PM BST

And Rory waited centuries dressed as a Centurion, and he wasn't stroppy (just plastic).

He was still in the real world, surrounded by people at least; Amy was on her own.

She had a handless robot.