British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,021

VERY angry.

*removes sharp objects from room*

Quote: Leevil @ September 5 2011, 2:22 PM BST

*removes sharp objects from room*

Sharp objects are fine - just need to remove certain people from my life

Alerted the cat to the fact I bought crisps by singing 'monster munch' to the tune of purple rain and now she's stolen half the pack

God, I love Monster Munch. (Pickled onion.)

Flamin' Hot!

Both amazing, today have gone with Flamin' hot. Cat likes green olives too

Quote: catskillz @ September 5 2011, 8:53 AM BST

Just seen my nephew off on his first day of school. My mum got a photo taken with him, stood in the exact same spot where she got one taken with me on my first day.

My first school, doesn't even exist any more, but it used to be a classic Welsh village school, with tall windows and tall grey stone walls, with separate Girls & Boys entrances and with the toilets in grey stone buildings outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Billwill is pleased that the electrician has completed wiring in new circuits & sockets for the kitchen & a new fuse-box thingy and all the rest of the house wiring has passed its 'MOT'.

Another step done on fitting out a new kitchen.

Quote: billwill @ September 5 2011, 5:02 PM BST

My first school, doesn't even exist any more, but it used to be a classic Welsh village school, with tall windows and tall grey stone walls, with separate Girls & Boys entrances and with the toilets in grey stone buildings outside.

We had drive down by our old house a couple of weeks ago and were both saddened to see that the school where my dear departed uncle went to has been pulled down. It had long since being a school but it was a nice community centre during the time that we lived around there so that's another bit of our history gone. :(

Oh Joy - I've just heard that a flasher is operating in our neighbourhood...

My elementary and high schools were destroyed by a hurricane a few years ago. :(

Quote: DaButt @ September 5 2011, 6:00 PM BST

My elementary and high schools were destroyed by a hurricane a few years ago. :(

Doubt if any of us can beat that! Huh?

Almost every school in town, the homes where I lived, the fire stations, hospitals and my favourite pub: gone with the wind.

The owner refused to close the pub and several regulars rode out the 145 MPH hurricane with pints in hand. You can see the pub workers and some customers at about 3 minutes into this post-storm video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S-iG5EPuWo

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 5 2011, 9:16 AM BST

http://www.google.co.uk/ Go Freddie!

You can go one step further here.

http://twibbon.com/join/bbc6music---tashforfreddie

Fox has just been fed. His tail's looking particularly bushy these days.

Question for DaButt - do you still have chain gangs in US?

I sometimes see inmates cleaning trash on the side of the road but I don't think they're actually chained.

Came home from work (on Labor Day!) to find that my neighborhood is being evacuated due to a major fire. I think I'm safe for now but the neighbors are nervous. There's a TV van at the end of the street and many helicopters hovering overhead. I took this photo from the hill about 3 blocks from my home.

Ha, my television shows that they're interviewing my neighbor at this very moment.

[/quote]