British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 775

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 30 2011, 11:43 PM BST

Poor Freema, the only proper actress gets outshone by a Singer & a Comedian.

How many of Billie's songs can you name, Steve?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 30 2011, 11:00 PM BST

I fancy watching a few Old Who episodes, if you can get them on YouTube.

Maybe the Caves of Androzani, unless that's the one with the Mini Master, in which case I did see it.

Any recommendations? Especially Mckoy ones?

And what are the best post Baker Cyberman or Dalek Episodes?

Androzani is fantastic;the Master is not in it. (Well, you do see him briefly,but he's not involved)

McCoy-wise,he has some great stories; the Daleks one mentioned is very good. Also look out for The Curse Of Fenric, Ghost Light, Survival, the Greatest Show In The Galaxy and The Happiness Patrol.

Post Tom Baker, Colin Baker's Revelation of The Daleks is good. Odd, but good.

Quote: Tim Azure @ August 31 2011, 8:15 AM BST

How many of Billie's songs can you name, Steve?

Two

Because we want to
& Honey from a bee

( not sure if they are the exact titles )

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ August 31 2011, 11:55 AM BST

Honey from a bee

That one was very hummable.

Muppets ruin everything

Tick tock
Who is cock

Very good for me this week, and it looked lovely. Probably the best Mark Gatiss episode so far. It's much more what you'd expect him to write.

Less frenetic, building atmosphere, and some nice creepy bits; loved the transformations into dolls, with the ratty hair sprouting.

More like this please.

Top notch, not especially original. But funny, scary and atmospheric.

Dolls excelent villains.

More like this please.

Once again showing how New Who leaves Old Who in a puddle of it's own bfuddled piss.

My heart sank when I saw this one was going to be set in a flat, and it sank further when I realised it was a 'scared little child' story.

Rory and Amy spent too long bumbling about doing nothing; they might as well have not been in the story since they contributed nothing, and the 'evil landlord' was a wasted character. Some good dialogue, otherwise 'no more of these please'.

Quote: sootyj @ September 3 2011, 8:06 PM BST

Once again showing how New Who leaves Old Who in a puddle of it's own bfuddled piss.

It's not really an achievement to make a programme that's better than one made thirty years earlier - if indeed it is better.

New Who needs to be judged against what it's possible to make now - and in this context it doesn't do as well. I didn't see all of this story - only the end, so I'll reserve judgement, but last week's was f**king awful.

It was an eccentric mix of Tale of the Unexpected, early STNG and dramarama.

Funny, a little scary and all good fun.

And it didn't need 6 episodes to tell the story.

Good episode, quite creepy in places.

For the second week in a row an episode is ruined by one piece of madness I can't get over.
Amy and Rory safely locked themselves in a room, were free to wait for the doctors help, what did they do?
Ofcourse they left the room.

Liking the way that Rory is gradually usurping Amy. Her character really has become very retro since she got married. Which could be part of the story arc or the way that the writers perceive married women.
The actual ep? Apart from the Rory's 'We're dead. Again' line it was all a bit meh. Too much like Fear Her with a large dose of the Empty Child thrown in but sadly too much like the former. But at least it was a River free zone.