British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 1,502

Man to Man with Dean Learner on DVD. When it was first broadcast I was disappointed, but each subsequent viewing I like it more and more. Great characters and a lot of laughs.

Quote: chipolata @ August 27 2011, 3:55 PM BST

Man to Man with Dean Learner on DVD. When it was first broadcast I was disappointed, but each subsequent viewing I like it more and more. Great characters and a lot of laughs.

It is a show that seems to have grown. I remember being a bit dissapointed at the time, because of Darkplace expectations, but it's actually full of great stuff.

Bitch Killer.

Oh, and Matthew Holness, please make a new show!

Yeah, I'd love to see another Holness series. Although he did both with Ayoade and I suspect Ayoade is too busy with films now to do TV.

Man to Man suffers from being slightly cheaper than Dark Place when it was a really fantastic bit of charactr comedy.

Nice well constructed characters, great scripts, good gags and top notch performers.

What's not to like?

Quote: sootyj @ August 27 2011, 4:26 PM BST

Man to Man suffers from being slightly cheaper than Dark Place

I imagine it was A LOT cheaper. Darkplace apprently cost a lot, which is probably why the follow up was so scaled down.

I can't remember my opinion on Man To Man. But Darkplace was fantastic and definitely left an impression on me. Which probably answers my opinion on M2M.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 27 2011, 4:28 PM BST

I imagine it was A LOT cheaper. Darkplace apprently cost a lot, which is probably why the follow up was so scaled down.

That is true.

Darkplace must have cost a fortune. Shame that so few people seemed to recognise M2MWDL was as good on a fraction of the budget.

Bill hicks night on bbc4

Quote: Leevil @ August 27 2011, 4:31 PM BST

I can't remember my opinion on Man To Man. But Darkplace was fantastic and definitely left an impression on me. Which probably answers my opinion on M2M.

I guess Darkplace seemed fresh and original, while Man to Man trod the well-worn spoof chatshow path, and at times Dean Learner seemed to be channeling Alan Partridge. That's probably why one made more of an impact than the other.

A semi-shaggable 1970's blonde on TOTP2. She's on mute so not sure what she's singing.

EDIT: Shame on me for only saying semi, turns out that lady was Twiggy, by jove, she be a fine lookin' gal back in the day.

:O Crickey Twiggy is so thin, thought that 'anorexic' look was despised now?

Afletix

Which clowns are ruining this sport?

Usain Bolt disqualified in the final due to just one false start!

crazy

I'm worried, My Family actually made me laugh... Some woman said "when I was at school I hated every minute of it. Who knew they'd be the best days of my life". It's funny because it's true (kind of).

The Conspiracy Files: 9/11 Ten Years On on BBC Two.

Oh god.