British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,006

Quote: sootyj @ August 29 2011, 4:10 PM BST

And you're next sandwich f**ker

:(

Sorry Leevil here I found you some erotica

Quote: Leevil @ August 29 2011, 4:03 PM BST

I'm glad most people didn't rise to his bait. Well done BCG. You're growing. Still, it does seem awful quiet around here lately. Kinda like being in town centre on new years day eve. Weird analogy, yes.

Leevil estimates about 15 active regular users, give or take a few. I wonder how that compared to the "golden years" of BSG?

This place has lost a of good people due to it's lack of dealing with trolls swiftly (or even at all), Aaron's hardly ever on here anymore and wasn't strong enough with them even when he was. I think he likes them a little tbh. The Slags and Paul are now non-entities and with Ellie (and now zooo) missing in action the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

There are still a load of nice people here (new & old) but it's lost it's heart I feel.

Quote: sootyj @ August 29 2011, 4:59 PM BST

Sorry Leevil here I found you some erotica

Lovely.

Phwoor I wouldn't mind being the meat in that sandwich

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 29 2011, 5:04 PM BST

This place has lost a of good people due to it's lack of dealing with trolls swiftly (or even at all), Aaron's hardly ever on here anymore and wasn't strong enough with them even when he was. I think he likes them a little tbh. The Slags and Paul are now non-entities and with Ellie (and now zooo) missing in action the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

There are still a load of nice people here (new & old) but it's lost it's heart I feel.

It kinda depresses me that I'm now the 3rd biggest poster.

It's bit like being the one legged old veteran hobbling around a village in war time.

And there is something quite annoying about how you can spot a troll a mile off. And just shrug as they go about their trolly business.

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 29 2011, 5:04 PM BST

Indeed. To be fair to Aaron though, when you're dealing with a troll there is only so much you can do. Firstly he has to wait for them to break the rules and some trolls are sneaky enough to not step over the line (which also leads to distinguishing between troll who acts like a c**t and a c**t who acts like a troll (but nobody minds)). Secondly, if he decides to ban them, what's stopping them from signing up with another username or as the case was a few months ago, having usernames backed up from months-years ago. Thirdly, if he decides to do an IP ban, I believe that has the problem of blocking genuine non-troll users (although I don't understand this bit too much).

It's not as easy to control them. This placed gained a lot of new users because of its laid-back attitudes (unlike 4Laughs with its strict mods). It's finding the balance.

Personally I'd like to see more of the stick than carrot though.

Yeah, I'm not blaming Aaron, I know it's hard to do anything about them. But 'people' can't be bothered and just stop coming. It's a shame.

Personally I'd banned them all at the first sign of trouble, I'd also ban any "c**t who acts like a troll" just for good luck.

4Laughs was bloody annoying.

Not one of posts got past through the mods before it shut.

But it's the posters that make a site. Maybe they all got a life, where can I find one?

Quote: Nil Putters @ August 29 2011, 5:17 PM BST

Yeah, I'm not blaming Aaron, I know it's hard to do anything about them. But 'people' can't be bothered and just stop coming. It's a shame.

Personally I'd banned them all at the first sign of trouble, I'd also ban any "c**t who acts like a troll" just for good luck.

As a c**t I feel quite persecuted by these discussions

Hi guys, I'm new here, what's happening?

:O Snigger, teehee, titter...etc.

haha.

*yawns*

Quote: Leevil @ August 29 2011, 5:13 PM BST

It's not as easy to control them. This placed gained a lot of new users because of its laid-back attitudes (unlike 4Laughs with its strict mods). It's finding the balance.

Also, the mods have reeeeal jobs! It's always going to be difficult to find the time, and as you say there's nothing to stop trolls coming back. I, too, don't find this place as fun to hang around as I used to, but maybe that's because I'm treated differently now that I'm not too young to be variously made part of jokes etc. What I keep finding, and this isn't focussed on anyone in particular, is more and more members who draw the fine line between 'real' member and troll. Lots of stupid, slightly offensive jokes, trying to garner cheap laughs at the expense of others and things, and it makes me less inclined to visit. :$

Quote: sootyj @ August 29 2011, 5:19 PM BST

4Laughs was bloody annoying.

Not one of posts got past through the mods before it shut.

But it's the posters that make a site. Maybe they all got a life, where can I find one?

As a c**t I feel quite persecuted by these discussions

4Laughs had its good points. It encouraged me to have a go at things I probably wouldn't have done otherwise and I made some good friends. Winning stuff was good too. I did get banned once but who didn't?

BTW, don't we get notified of posts or messages anymore, or is that just me?

I always get noted about them.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 29 2011, 7:44 PM BST

Lots of stupid, slightly offensive jokes, trying to garner cheap laughs at the expense of others and things, and it makes me less inclined to visit. :$

Does she mean me?

I do try and ignore those who don't wanna play ball.