British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 738

Quote: TopBanana @ August 18 2011, 4:51 PM BST

The people at Student Finance England.

Oh grief. They are useless, aren't they? I'm trying to sort out DSA as it makes a hell of a difference to my course fee. (Long and boring story but we're talking circa 10K off the course fee) and I tried asking simple questions like what evidence do you need and it was like talking to a speak your weight machine. The guy couldn't cope with anything not on the script. And the concept that I was paying my own fees...well that has thrown the university disability services place too. Four times I was asked who was paying and by the fourth time I'd got to 'still me. Haven't found a sponsor in the last thirty seconds.'

They are awful.

I applied IN APRIL 2011 and here we are 1 month away and it's still not sorted. Each time I call them they say it will be another '2 to 3 weeks'.

Does anyone know if I can still enrol even if the loans are not sorted by the time September comes? Seeing as Student Finance England don't know......

Based On Just Today:

People who say 'I only have to look at food and I put on weight'
People who say 'You left the door open. Were you born in a barn?'
Use of the words 'ergo' or 'consequentially' in a sentence.
Anyone starting a sentence with the word 'Technically...'
People who play mp3 music on the bus.
(Men) Who think dressing up as a woman (complete with hilarious fake boobs) is funny. (League Of G. aside)
People who overly-confuse nostalgia for their own youth with the statement "Not like it used to be"
People who encourage and engage in debates on sensitive issues like abortion, capital punishment, then get emotional and expect an apology.
People who I read have complain to Ofcom.
People who define themselves by their race, creed, religon or sexuality. ARRGH!
People who interprate what an animal thinks 'he thinks you're going' etc

(note to self)
People who make self-indulgent lists on the internet as if anyone gives a shit about their disposable and unoriginal views.

People who can't read email headers.

Quote: KLRiley @ August 19 2011, 1:49 PM BST

People who can't read email headers.

People who have servers that arbitrarily blacklist your IP address so that they won't accept emails from you. And when you phone them up to ask to be de-blacklisted tell you to use another computer or to email them with details of the problem.

Orange phone company. They text me at 9a.m. on the weekend, they text me at half 11 at night during the week, I spent my credit trying to stop them texting me and they ignored me. They text me all the time; if they were an individual man I'd be granted a restraining order. (No money to change networks, before you ask. And why should I go through the hassle when they should just have some bloody manners? Grrr.)

Quote: chipolata @ February 27 2008, 4:28 PM BST

Security guards watching you in shops and following you around.

Still this.

You must look well dodgy.

Dildos who ring my mobile with an 'unknown' number but don't say a word when you answer.

For the love of God, why??

The fact that Spike Milligan's stuff isn't allowed to be distributed.

Quote: TopBanana @ August 20 2011, 2:28 PM BST

Dildos who ring my mobile with an 'unknown' number but don't say a word when you answer.

maybe they are using the phone as a dildo?

Quote: lofthouse @ August 20 2011, 5:14 PM BST

maybe they are using the phone as a dildo?

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Quote: TopBanana @ August 20 2011, 2:28 PM BST

My understanding is that some firms cold-call you with automated dialers, so if they don't have anyone available to talk to you, your phone will ring anyway.

Quote: TopBanana @ August 18 2011, 5:45 PM BST

They are awful.

I applied IN APRIL 2011 and here we are 1 month away and it's still not sorted. Each time I call them they say it will be another '2 to 3 weeks'.

Does anyone know if I can still enrol even if the loans are not sorted by the time September comes? Seeing as Student Finance England don't know......

Yes, you can still enrol but as they take the first payment quite soon in term time, they'll probably start bugging you quite quickly for money. If you don't pay by a certain time, they'll start threatening to stop you attending classes. Do what I did. Phone and bitch. There is absolutely no reason why it should be "another 2 to 3 weeks" as far as I'm concerned. Are you income assessed? Can you check the status of your application online?

I've heard the buggers call you in the hope that when they don't speak and hang up, you call them back, saving them money on the call. F**kers.