British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 508

Quote: dellas @ August 15 2011, 9:08 PM BST

:) Thanks Zooo, I have discovered the curved ones, but sure I have always used them? I suppose I would have been told off otherwise.

Old Rocker, time for your Horlicks Rolling eyes

Still got five cans of Belgian to get through yet !

Square brackets need less effort; curly ones require use of 'shift' key. Think of all the energy saved by not pressing shift every time. Square brackets are more eco-friendly!

Although I suppose it would be simple to reassign the keys.

:D Rocker better Pop on your 'Dry-nights' just incase!

Quote: Badge @ August 15 2011, 9:14 PM BST

Because you can't use curved ones in a list Angelic (b) (c) as I said earlier. is a better option.

Just use a) b) c) you mental.

And as an added bonus, we won't have to go around after you editing and fixing your posts every time someone quotes them. :)

Quote: Nogget @ August 15 2011, 9:18 PM BST

Square brackets need less effort; curly ones require use of 'shift' key. Think of all the energy saved by not pressing shift every time. Square brackets are more eco-friendly!

Energy saved for you, but more energy for us to expend cleaning up after you.
NOT THAT ANYONE CARESSSSSSSSSS.

It's ok zooo, not many people are foolish enough to quote me. Angelic

:O Blimey!

zooo, how did you manage to edit that post before you posted it?

Quote: Badge @ August 15 2011, 9:29 PM BST

zooo, how did you manage to edit that post before you posted it?

Lol. I edited the first bit, then I posted again and it took the time stamp from the second post and.... all that sort of shit.

*pretends she knows what she's talking about*

Oh! I get it!

*secretly tells catskillz that zooo can bend time*

110%

Quote: sootyj @ August 13 2011, 10:16 PM BST

This particularly assinine argument has been doing the rounds for ages.

Ok

1 MPs have had legitimate areas of expenses denied for years, which has meant that an awful lot of them have not been able to do their jobs. The parliamentary expenses office signed off expenses in one area (eg housing), to cover other areas (eg spousal travel) don't like it? Then prepare for a parliament of the rich or the bribed.
2 The number of MPs actually commiting criminal fraud was small.
3 MPs generally work 70 hours a week doing useful stuff. Like voting on laws, representing their constituenices etc etc. Unlike some looting unemployed scrote.
4 If we want a grown up Parliament with real politicians we need to stop analysing small areas of expense and grow up. That one MP had to claim for his wife's tampons, because he couldn't claim for her plane ticket is ridiculous.

Good post sootyj

For the vast majority of people who have dealt with MPs, rather those who just read trite tabloid columnist about snouts in the trough, are highly satisfied. I have no personal or economic connection with MPs but I have met a few and egotistical windbag is the worst I could say about them. Senior executives in toytown councils are better paid than MPs.

Interesting also that the anti-politics rhetoric comes from people like Murdoch where no amount of money is enough and prefer to register in pliable banana republics like the Caymen Islands than countries with robust legislators with horizons beyond corporate power. There are some vile people that have power in our country and legislators come very low down that list.

Quote: catskillz @ August 15 2011, 3:56 PM BST

A lot of the clips were recorded off T.V. News programmes which were broadcasted on 9/11.

Sigh,

yes of course that was the raw material before it was faked, but have you got your own recordings of what was transmitted on the News, or have you got an irrefutable source that you can compare against these 'conspiracy' videos.

Quote: billwill @ August 16 2011, 12:37 AM BST

have you got an irrefutable source that you can compare against these 'conspiracy' videos.

For Catskills Eyes Only:

Check this out link, a private investigator who has since been found gassed in his car managed to get this clip 'out there' before the Government got to him.

This is the footage NASA never wanted you to see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu0o6u1VmGE

{Sentences in parentheses is senseless in the square, I have found predominantly round is better here and there}

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 15 2011, 9:15 PM BST

"drops to knees 'Please let it be true!'"

http://metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php

Love the way everyone ignored this and carried on talking about square brackets.
Rather puts them in their place.