British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 503

Quote: Badge @ August 14 2011, 4:43 PM BST

Crazy as it may seem, skyscrapers are not generally tested for rigidity by flying fuel-laden jumbo jets into them. Neither is it standard practice to test plane safety by flying high-speed into a building. In fact, pretty much the only evidence to suggest what happens when you do that was obtained in a very public experiment nearly 10 years ago.

:)

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 14 2011, 7:40 PM BST

Holy SHIT!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SRkdwrmzYXg

Holy f**k. WARNING- don't watch if easily upset.

This is the news story with it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14520194

Before I read anything properly, I just want to point out that I'm not really a "truther" (hold the laughter), I'm just a wannabe comedy wrtiter who started looking into all this stuff as research. Also, believe it or not, I've never posted anything on any conspiracy forums before, and I'm actually going to make fun of conspiracy theorists in my sitcom.

As for me going through a "phase", you could say the stuff I've watched and read over the last few months has helped me snap out of a phase. I call it my Bread and Circus phase. If you don't know what I mean by that, Google it.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 14 2011, 7:29 PM BST

Troll is short for patrol, as in randomly patrolling sites you have no intrest in, posting things with the sole intention of winding people up and getting a rise. I don't know how this started on from the talk about the riots/looters.

Are you sure it doesn't just mean an ugly, brainless creature?

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 14 2011, 7:40 PM BST

Holy SHIT!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SRkdwrmzYXg

Bloody hell. I read about that earlier, but didn't realise the whole stage part had collapsed. Thought it was some seats.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 14 2011, 7:29 PM BST

Offensive to who? Are you seriously telling me that of all the anti-semetic views ever expressed online, two or three lines from someone you think is a wackjob has the capacity to offend you?

They are offensive to me and I'm not Jewish. I don't even know if I know any Jews. Would you defend catskillz if he was railing against "rioting niggers"?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 14 2011, 7:45 PM BST

Jesus. So bad.

Quote: catskillz @ August 14 2011, 7:49 PM BST

I'm just a wannabe comedy wrtiter

Good luck. But I don't know if there's any vacancies for wrtiters though.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 14 2011, 7:45 PM BST

I grew up about 2 or 3 miles from that fairgrounds. Sad story.

So sad. And frightening. Seems like it just happened out of nowhere.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ August 14 2011, 7:56 PM BST

So sad. And frightening. Seems like it just happened out of nowhere.

I heard that the organizers were debating evacuating the fairgrounds due to the approaching weather. They made the wrong choice.

The baseball stadium in my home town lost its roof during a game. Bad weather can come out of nowhere.

Quote: DaButt @ August 14 2011, 7:59 PM BST

I heard that the organizers were debating evacuating the fairgrounds due to the approaching weather. They made the wrong choice.

The baseball stadium in my home town lost its roof during a game. Bad weather can come out of nowhere.

They can't show that footage on the news can they? It's upsetting.

Quote: DaButt @ August 14 2011, 7:59 PM BST

The BBC website says they were in the process of evacuating. Not sure how accurate it is.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 14 2011, 7:47 PM BST

Well, I don't know what to say. I maybe have super-thick skin to things I read over the internet. If I was to stand on a stage slamming the Tories for their underhanded tactics and then someone (a Tory) explained to me the logistics of faith, ALL faith, all superstitions, all religous irrationality, containing no relevence to modern life. I wouldn't be hypoctritical enough to cry foul.

Rather, it's a case of touche.

As in, I can offend my targets by packaging my insults as jokes, but don't offend me or my group because that's not fair.

You're a comedian for f'cks sake! Let it slide.

(That said I do like you so let's not fight Console )

Ok firstly it's my people, my culture, my race. My religion is cynical agnosticism.

Please don't mistake the 2 or we won't be friends.

Secondly you know Jack I'm getting old I'm a lot closer to 40 than 30. And much of my good nature has thinned away with my youth and hair.

The BCG is my beloved old pub, where I can hang out with all the other miserable old reprobates. So when I find some loud mouthed bigot insulting me, my people, my family.

I'm not hugely offended, I don't ask the barman to sling them out.

I do expect them to shut the f**k up out of plain old good manners. And when they don't, when their face reddens, their drink thickened voice stumbles and they spray my face with spit.

I atleast hope my friends will stick up for me and ignore them till they calm down.

Because they're my friends right?

Quote: DaButt @ August 14 2011, 7:51 PM BST

They are offensive to me and I'm not Jewish. I don't even know if I know any Jews. Would you defend catskillz if he was railing against "rioting niggers"?

You know me!

I could look the others up on the central Jew register at ZOG.com

How dare you call me a miserable old reprobate.

:(