British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 501

Quote: catskillz @ August 14 2011, 4:17 PM BST

I don't know.

Then how can you make that previous comment?

"Some steel"? LOL. I've heard scientists say the effect of a real plane flying into the towers would've ended up looking more like the damage created by a person ramming a pen into a model of the towers.

This engineer says not.

Quote: bigfella @ August 14 2011, 4:18 PM BST

Then how can you make that previous comment?

What difference does it make? I heard the pilot say it. I know I've remembered a lot of details, but I don't remember absolutely everything I hear.

The pilot? Which pilot.

Quote: catskillz @ August 14 2011, 4:25 PM BST

What difference does it make? I heard the pilot say it. I know I've remembered a lot of details, but I don't remember absolutely everything I hear.

Velocity and Weight are the defining factors in the calculation of momentum.

So a lot.

Quote: catskillz @ August 14 2011, 4:25 PM BST

I don't remember absolutely everything I hear.

You could always try looking for it on You Tube . . .

Quote: bigfella @ August 14 2011, 4:26 PM BST

Velocity and Weight are the defining factors in the calculation of momentum.

So a lot.

What do you have a degree in? I know it's something fancy.

Crazy as it may seem, skyscrapers are not generally tested for rigidity by flying fuel-laden jumbo jets into them. Neither is it standard practice to test plane safety by flying high-speed into a building. In fact, pretty much the only evidence to suggest what happens when you do that was obtained in a very public experiment nearly 10 years ago.

Quote: Badge @ August 14 2011, 4:43 PM BST

Crazy as it may seem, skyscrapers are not generally tested for rigidity by flying fuel-laden jumbo jets into them. Neither is it standard practice to test plane safety by flying high-speed into a building. In fact, pretty much the only evidence to suggest what happens when you do that was obtained in a very public experiment nearly 10 years ago.

Expplain this part of the "experiment": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hyvcxYXRTA

Wait a cotton picking minute here. What advantage would moving a bridge and a few buildings have on the impact of the final footage. What would be the point? How the hell would they get away with changing the layout of the city?

Quote: Leevil @ August 14 2011, 4:56 PM BST

Wait a cotton picking minute here. What advantage would moving a bridge and a few buildings have on the impact of the final footage. What would be the point? How the hell would they get away with changing the layout of the city?

No adavantage. It's just one of the many mistakes that their computer nerds made.

Quote: Leevil @ August 14 2011, 4:43 PM BST

What do you have a degree in? I know it's something fancy.

Aeronautical Engineering

Quote: bigfella @ August 14 2011, 4:59 PM BST

Aeronautical Engineering

Fella it's a wind up I wouldn't bother.

More ridiculous CGI: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx68_HBCzgY&featured=related