British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 495

Quote: sootyj @ August 13 2011, 10:20 PM BST

I am now going to assume you are indeed taking the piss.

As I don't believe anyone could seriously believe in the videos you are posting.

Well done you caught me off guard.

*whispers* I don't think he's joking.

Quote: catskillz @ August 13 2011, 8:31 PM BST

The Mafia? The asassination was about something way bigger than anything they were involved in. Do you know what the Federal Reserve is?

I think I may've heard of the Federal Reserve, yeah.

You're talking about the exectutive order? You think bankers had him shot because he MAY have eventually got rid of the federal reserve? I don't. I think of the hundreds of theories out there, that is one of the most discredited and 'out there' ones there is.

And no, not anything the Mafia were involved in. But it was a marksman contact of theirs that was hired to be in position behind or near the fence (the picket fence man theory) with a time range of 3-seconds to get the head shot in if he hadn't already been shot. He was there as back up and shot when the first shot wasn't a head shot.

That was the only instruction. Headshot. But the first shot hit him in the chest.

Oswald was arrested because he was nearby and had recently tried to kill the Texan governer and another politician.

I don't care if you believe it because I don't care if I believe it either, it means nothing to me. It's what I was told when I was younger, and not just by some guy down the pub. I was told the American fella's name and have never forgot it.

This is the stuff of legend and hearsay of course, I have no investment or caring about this.

I feel really stupid, nuts even, typing this stuff out in public so I'm going to stop there.

The whole JFK Mafia thing was dealt with very well in James Ellroy's American Tabloid.

A water pipe supplying an entire block of flats has broken across the road; loads of people standing in the street, in the dark, filling up receptacles of all shapes and sizes from a puny tap Thames Water has opened up on the pavement. Just been up and down stairs and in strangers flats helping them carry- glass of wine now!

Haha

good on ya

I've read three Ellroy books but not that one. Good writer, has issues though.

Catskills, I am far from on your side with 'the truth is out there' stuff, but.....

HOLY SHIT!! UNBELIEVABLE!! I just typed the name into a search engine out of cynical curiousity... and, whattaya know? The name I was given when I was 13 (1994) A fella named 'James Files' has actually since apparently CONFESSED and done an interview an investigator. For the record, I think I was told this before this footage came out or at the same time, no idea. Not sure of anything anymore.

Is this a common suspect Catskills?
It's not something I've researched before... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zcEelhzzUg&feature=related
(ff garrison's speech)

The much better link though is this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ngdLaNOK6Y&feature=related
Apparently there's a full 60min interview where this guy gives the specs of the weapon used and all the whys and whynots.
There's even a wiki ref to this guy. Maybe it's all balls, I don't know.

I don't indulge in this hoax/corruption stuff normally, but anyway, if it's true I'm personally shocked.
Someone may've be winding me up, or passing on what they thought was true, but it was someone very close to the
family and someone who worked with intelligence. Why would someone in international intelligence tell a 13 year old this stuff?
No idea. He was my stepdad for a while and I'm guessing it didn't compromise anything that affected him or his depts. work.

I'm assuming if it's on bloody YouTube of all things then I assume you've already seen this. I had no idea this was now common knowledge.

This is my last opinion on the matter.

Quote: lofthouse @ August 13 2011, 10:16 PM BST

no they did it sneakily hoping nobody would ever find out....

Did you read this article? Spot on.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/peteroborne/100100708/the-moral-decay-of-our-society-is-as-bad-at-the-top-as-the-bottom/

Quote: AJGO @ August 13 2011, 11:32 PM BST

A water pipe supplying an entire block of flats has broken across the road; loads of people standing in the street, in the dark, filling up receptacles of all shapes and sizes from a puny tap Thames Water has opened up on the pavement. Just been up and down stairs and in strangers flats helping them carry- glass of wine now!

Oops, so used to commenting on riots now put this in wrong thread. Anyone know how I move it to status report? Don't want to interrupt the flow of conspiracy theories- unless anyone thinks the powers in London are depriving the citizens of water on purpose? Some of my neighbours have been observing Ramadan and were seriously needing water!

Just repost it in the status thread if you want. :)

Quote: AJGO @ August 13 2011, 11:42 PM BST

Did you read this article? Spot on.

And for those who did, how many understood 'deracinated' ?

I agree with the article btw.

Quote: zooo @ August 14 2011, 12:10 AM BST

Just repost it in the status thread if you want. :)

Don't think my 'carried some water' story warrants posts in two different threads, just being overly tidy :)

Quote: Oldrocker @ August 14 2011, 12:17 AM BST

And for those who did, how many understood 'deracinated' ?

I agree with the article btw.

Yes, 'An almost universal culture of selfishness and greed has grown up' and now there are sections of society who grow in entirely different fields, providing different blooms of immorality but still being much of the same genus.
A metaphor too far? :)

I'm losing track of all the questions people are asking, but one thing I will say is, isn't it funny how normal, everyday working class and middle class people like us, have the audacity to presume that we know everything about the world and it's history, and believe that the powers that be, a.k.a the elite billionaire aritocrats and royalty, whose families have been deciding the fate of millions of people for generations, could never lie to us, keep secrets from us, or put us in danger. Funny indeed.

97%

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 13 2011, 2:44 AM BST

As for 9/11, yes they were real planes. Yes there were real terrorists.

I'm going through people's comments and questions, and I'll start with this one, and tell you that 9 of the suspected terrorists have since been found alive and well.

Quote: catskillz @ August 14 2011, 12:43 AM BST

I'm going through people's comments and questions, and I'll start with this one, and tell you that 9 of the suspected terrorists have since been found alive and well.

Just out of interest, and nothing apropos these discussions, what colour is the sky in your world?

:|

I didn't see that one first time around,
Holographic Planes?

Seriously?

By the way, I'm not having a go, or a witchhunt, I like ya, and some stuff is fascinating to hear and right or wrong, at least it shows awareness of events.

But holographic planes?

Seriously?