British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 494

He did a good 'un with,

"The riots were a bad week, except for anyone who's
having an affair with a copper's wife"

Quote: sootyj @ August 13 2011, 7:17 PM BST

But come on spend a couple of years in the sun and shoot some Arabs. Whats not to like?

He ain't kiddin' folks: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDD8ANFgwtA&playnext=1&lisy=PLE8B979B1941B9FA4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSECq3kxT4I&feature=related

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 13 2011, 7:21 PM BST

Back then it was a little harsh, confiscated passports on the promise you return etc.

But back to 'knowledge' catskills would jizz himself, seriously, remember the post about JFK, the mafia and the union orders to do it. That is a fact.

I don't know if that's even a theory they debate, but it's true.

The Mafia? The asassination was about something way bigger than anything they were involved in. Do you know what the Federal Reserve is?

Quote: 404 Not Found @ August 13 2011, 12:09 AM BST

I'm not entirely convinced either way, it's the way the towers fell directly down into their own foundations with no collatoral damage, just like a controlled demolition and another building virtually undamaged fell later, also directly down into it's own foundations.

The whole thing wreaks of Fred Dibnah. Notice how he's now conveniently 'dead'. Also, it's funny how similar 'Dibnah' and 'Alah' are, isn't it?

The 2 towers was obvioulsy carried out by fanatical Tolkien fans to force Peter Jackson to make The Lord of the Rings.

Errr Perhaps Jesus has returned to bring 'Riot and Plague' to all non-believers? many people believe this...

Whats the difference between greedy MP's stealing OUR money (expenses)to waste on sodding duck ponds etc etc etc - and greedy kids stealing trainers and mobile phones from shops?

hypocritical bastards!

Laughing out loud SO AGREE

But the MPs didn't cause any physical damage to people and property like a herd of wild feral beasts.

Quote: DaButt @ August 13 2011, 3:16 AM BST

There's a cardboard target in my garage that's testament to my willingness to put holes in paper.

Quote: lofthouse @ August 13 2011, 9:57 PM BST

Whats the difference between greedy MP's stealing OUR money (expenses)to waste on sodding duck ponds etc etc etc - and greedy kids stealing trainers and mobile phones from shops?

hypocritical bastards!

This particularly assinine argument has been doing the rounds for ages.

Ok

1 MPs have had legitimate areas of expenses denied for years, which has meant that an awful lot of them have not been able to do their jobs. The parliamentary expenses office signed off expenses in one area (eg housing), to cover other areas (eg spousal travel) don't like it? Then prepare for a parliament of the rich or the bribed.
2 The number of MPs actually commiting criminal fraud was small.
3 MPs generally work 70 hours a week doing useful stuff. Like voting on laws, representing their constituenices etc etc. Unlike some looting unemployed scrote.
4 If we want a grown up Parliament with real politicians we need to stop analysing small areas of expense and grow up. That one MP had to claim for his wife's tampons, because he couldn't claim for her plane ticket is ridiculous.

This childish attitude is what is killing any real political debate in this country.

Quote: Chappers @ August 13 2011, 10:12 PM BST

But the MPs didn't cause any physical damage to people and property like a herd of wild feral beasts.

Bang on.

Nor did they assault anyone.

Quote: Chappers @ August 13 2011, 10:12 PM BST

no they did it sneakily hoping nobody would ever find out....

Quote: catskillz @ August 13 2011, 7:25 PM BST

Oh, you mean this type of stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRfhUezbKLw&feature=related

nb Catskillz is that it? The NYPD rounded up dozens of people from all sorts of nations in the days and weeks afterwards.

Catskillz can I pay you a compliment?

I am now going to assume you are indeed taking the piss.

As I don't believe anyone could seriously believe in the videos you are posting.

Well done you caught me off guard.

Quote: sootyj @ August 13 2011, 10:16 PM BST

This particularly assinine argument has been doing the rounds for ages.

Ok

1 MPs have had legitimate areas of expenses denied for years, which has meant that an awful lot of them have not been able to do their jobs. The parliamentary expenses office signed off expenses in one area (eg housing), to cover other areas (eg spousal travel) don't like it? Then prepare for a parliament of the rich or the bribed.
2 The number of MPs actually commiting criminal fraud was small.
3 MPs generally work 70 hours a week doing useful stuff. Like voting on laws, representing their constituenices etc etc. Unlike some looting unemployed scrote.
4 If we want a grown up Parliament with real politicians we need to stop analysing small areas of expense and grow up. That one MP had to claim for his wife's tampons, because he couldn't claim for her plane ticket is ridiculous.

This childish attitude is what is killing any real political debate in this country.

Bang on.

Nor did they assault anyone.

All that doesn't alter the fact that how can you expect teenagers to listen to politicians when half of them are a bunch of thieving bastards themselves?

What example have they set to the rest of the country?

not saying its right - but its a bit like Fred West telling kids not to go our murdering people

Not theiving.

And you're assuming the f**k wits who rioted follow the news.

Blame our parliament for being beaten down by an endlessly negative and dishonest press.