British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 492

So where does this all end?

If the leaders have advisors who tell them what to do. Who tells the advisors what to do, y'know? I mean who is actually so high up that they call the shots?

Cool

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 13 2011, 4:43 PM BST

Mitchell And Webb are onto the Diana murder too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoZ71sj3Kn0

:D I was thinking of that too. It does neatly sum up the bonkers logic at the heart of most conspiracy theories.

Quote: Jack Daniels @ August 13 2011, 4:49 PM BST

So where does this all end?

If the leaders have advisors who tell them what to do. Who tells the advisors what to do, y'know? I mean who is actually so high up that they call the shots?

That would take a long time to fully explain, and even if I did, some people on here would have a field day making fun of some of the details, because it's pretty way out stuff.

Okay, do you believe the Royal family are lizards?

Quote: zooo @ August 13 2011, 5:29 PM BST

That's a good question. The great Bill Cooper thought that idea was ridiculous, and he was killed 10 years ago. David Icke on the other hand has been insisting that it's true for years and hasn't had a hair on his head damaged. Some say Icke is what's known as a Disinformation agent, which is a person who is told to purposely spread the most outlandish rumours, in order to make the real conspiracy theorists look mad. They did it with the giant skeletons that I mentioned a couple of months ago, when they uploaded photos of ridiculousy big skeletons onto certain websites, to make anyone who mentioned the real ones seem crazy.

Oh, and there's a video on YouTube that claims to show proof that Icke is a Freemason.

Quote: zooo @ August 13 2011, 5:29 PM BST

Jim does have that odd, bumpy nose...

I must admit my first reaction on hearing of Princess Di's death was, Christ they have bumped the mad slapper off. But the complexity of the logistics has subsequently convinced me that the Royal Family just got lucky.

Just been listening to David Icke.

Won't be doing it again.

And how the hell can the Royal Family be lizards?

As for the moon landings, when you only hear one side of the story it sounds convincing, but like most conspiracy theories, once the supposed facts are debunked there is nothing to it. It is the same sort of anti-science you get with climate change sceptics and alternative medicine, selective use of half-understood science, seizing on any flimsy piece of evidence whilst ignoring vast swathes of research that does not fit the pre-determined agenda.

There are plenty conspiracies out there - step forward Oliver North - but they are mostly fairly mundane and tend not to involve massive cover-ups by multiple agencies, most of whom are incapable of covering up their own cock ups.

Just been reading about the aftermath of the riots, everyones getting rushed through court and sentenced (rightly so) yet the millionaire's daughter caught with a car full of televsions as she joined in the looting has been bailed, allowed to "rest" at her parents stately home and the matter may be dealt with internally.

Gotta love this country.
England

Quote: bigfella @ August 13 2011, 5:44 PM BST

Just been listening to David Icke.

Won't be doing it again.

And how the hell can the Royal Family be lizards?

The thing about these Disinfo agents is that they do speak a lot of truth, to get the people on their side, but they never talk about the really, really juicy stuff, opting instead to either totally avoid the topic, or distract people from talking about it by spreading the outlandish stuff instead.

I think it was Hitler who said the most successful lies are often the most outlandish ones.

Quote: Timbo @ August 13 2011, 5:48 PM BST

There are plenty conspiracies out there - step forward Oliver North - but they are mostly fairly mundane and tend not to involve massive cover-ups by multiple agencies, most of whom are incapable of covering up their own cock ups.

Yeah, I think this, if something involves too many people to hypothetically involved, ie; Area 51 and similar crap, then it's not true as the amount of deathbed confessions would be too great - Especially now with the internet/document and footage leaks, etc.

I do enjoy a good conspiracy.

9/11 leaves me on the fence, I tend to think the official story is what happened.

Back when I was 21 or so I had a field day that doc. Loose Change. I truly believed it. Then I grew up.

Here's that clip I couldn't find last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omZYTN_yKMs&feature=related

Quote: catskillz @ August 13 2011, 4:42 PM BST

I mentioned Mossad, but British Intelligence and C.I.A. were obviously involved too. They're all one in the same.

And as ever most conspiracies cheerfully segue into antisemitism.

Oi vey gevalt a child 6th in line to the throne would have been a bit Arab, so it's obviously Mossad.

Quote: sootyj @ August 13 2011, 6:04 PM BST

And as ever most conspiracies cheerfully segue into antisemitism.

Oi vey gevalt a child 6th in line to the throne would have been a bit Arab, so it's obviously Mossad.

Actually now I read it it's even worse, what evidence that she was about to visit the Middle East. For f**ks sake, the Pope, Bono, Britney Spears and Snap, Crackle and Pop have all been photographed being nice to Palestinian kids. And asking about peace.

Exactly how long is Mossad's murder list?

Are you really just utterly credulous or genuinely suspicious of Jews?

You've actually managed to piss me off.

Diana's death was a tragedy, brought about by trying to recreate her life as a royal ambassador on the cheap.