British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 487

Quote: DaButt @ August 13 2011, 1:34 AM BST

No Mythbusters over there? You really need to rectify that if only for the mustaches and explosions.

Yes we get that. I believe it's on the Discovery Channel or "The f**king REality Channel shit where we see people at work doing slightly interesting but not really TV worthy jobs Channel".

Quote: Badge @ August 13 2011, 1:39 AM BST

Video is not available.

Goddammit! That's the proof! When the powerful elite are suppressing information it must be true! I believe!

I don't really.

It's fixed just for you my man. Don't forget, skip to 6:45.

Quote: catskillz @ August 13 2011, 1:41 AM BST

It's fixed just for you my man.

No, still not working. Yet more proof! I am being deliberately denied access to evidence!

Quote: catskillz @ August 13 2011, 1:37 AM BST

I swear I'm gonna grind you lot (but especially Badge and Dabutt) down with evidence, until you believe it was a cover-up.

You've mentioned that this conspiracy stuff is fodder for a sitcom. If that's true then I'll laugh with you all the way to the bank. But I've met so many Internet conspiracy nuts that I don't have the energy to sort the wheat from the chaff. If you actually believe this stuff then please say so and I won't bother wasting my breath in the future. There are enough blowhards on the Internet as it is.

So are you thinking that it's funny-haha or funny-hmmmmmm?

Quote: Leevil @ August 13 2011, 1:40 AM BST

Yes we get that. I believe it's on the Discovery Channel

It's on Discovery here and they've relied too much on explosions over the last few years but let's face it: explosions are cool.

Quote: DaButt @ August 13 2011, 1:45 AM BST

funny-hmmmmmm?

Is the noise a novelty hoover makes, I believe.

Quote: Badge @ August 13 2011, 1:43 AM BST

No, still not working. Yet more proof! I am being deliberately denied access to evidence!

It's working for me.

Quote: Leevil @ August 13 2011, 1:46 AM BST

Is the noise a novelty hoover makes, I believe.

We do not assign brand names to the concept of vacuuming on this side of the Atlantic, Mr. Leevil. Angry

It's on Discovery here and they've relied too much on explosions over the last few years but let's face it: explosions are cool.

I don't watch it that often but I do enjoy a good explosion. One of their experiments left a bad taste in my mouth for quite a while when they exposed the conditions in which carbonated canned drinks are kept. Basically they're all covered in rat piss.

Quote: AJGO @ August 12 2011, 2:26 PM BST

Hmm, is there an uninhabited island somewhere we could use? Then they won't be a danger to civilised people, we could provide huts so no-one could dispute the effectiveness of making them homeless, and it wouldn't be infringing human rights because who wouldn't want to live on a tropical island full of people who share their attitudes?
Think you might be onto something there

There must be a suitable uninhabited island off Scotland, where rioters could be dumped for 6 months. Give them tents & sleeping bags and drop food by helicopter.

You could also perhaps leave some planks and tools and their sentence finishes when they have the gumption to build a boat & return to the mainland.

??

Quote: Leevil @ August 13 2011, 1:49 AM BST

One of their experiments left a bad taste in my mouth for quite a while when they exposed the conditions in which carbonated canned drinks are kept. Basically they're all covered in rat piss.

Your nation is surrounded by a huge moat; how can there be rats in your fair country?

You've mentioned that this conspiracy stuff is fodder for a sitcom. If that's true then I'll laugh with you all the way to the bank. But I've met so many Internet conspiracy nuts that I don't have the energy to sort the wheat from the chaff. If you actually believe this stuff then please say so and I won't bother wasting my breath in the future. There are enough blowhards on the Internet as it is.

So are you thinking that it's funny-haha or funny-hmmmmmm?

Yeah, I did start reading into all of this for my sitcom, a few months back. In fact, that last clip of the taxi driver was one of the first I ever watched. You might remember I posted a link to it back then, and guess what, you dismissed it! Do I believe 9/11 was an inside job? Of course. A lot of the other stuff I don't believe, though, e.g. Paul McCartney dying.

Quote: billwill @ August 13 2011, 1:50 AM BST

You could also perhaps leave some planks and tools and their sentence finishes when they have the gumption to build a boat & return to the mainland.

As long as the coastline is protected by sea mines ...

Quote: catskillz @ August 13 2011, 1:52 AM BST

Yeah, I did start reading into all of this for my sitcom, a few months back. In fact, that last clip of the taxi driver was one of the first I ever watched. You might remember I posted a link to it back then, and guess what, you dismissed it! Do I believe 9/11 was an inside job? Of course. A lot of the other stuff I don't believe, though, e.g. Paul McCartney dying.

Where do you stand on the moon landing?

Quote: catskillz @ August 13 2011, 1:52 AM BST

Do I believe 9/11 was an inside job? Of course.

Ok, so you're one of those kooks. I can accept that and won't bother with the wink-wink-nudge-nudging because there is no point in tiring myself out with all that winking and nudging.

Quote: DaButt @ August 13 2011, 1:48 AM BST

We do not assign brand names to the concept of vacuuming on this side of the Atlantic, Mr. Leevil. Angry

That was for you benefit! In my slightly intoxicated way I suddenly became paranoid that if I mentioned vacuum that you would as a johnny foreigner would assume I was talking about some sort of large metal vat that extracted all the air from itself.