British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 480

Quote: Westcountryman @ August 12 2011, 2:24 PM BST

We could start showing Dixon of Dock Green in secondary schools.

Dixon didn't mind men beating their wives...

Anyone in Archway area know where the procession of police vans just went to?

Quote: AJGO @ August 12 2011, 6:49 PM BST

Anyone in Archway area know where the procession of police vans just went to?

We rely on YOU for that sort of info, Kate Aj. Come on, pull your finger out, there's a national crisis out there.

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ August 12 2011, 6:52 PM BST

We rely on YOU for that sort of info, Kate Aj. Come on, pull your finger out, there's a national crisis out there.

:D

Sorry, I'll get on it. Big police presence in this area of Hackney, wonder if it'll actually encourage people once they've had a few Friday drinks

:D Yeah, I always wondered how long they can afford to flood the streets with police. The rioters can always wait til police numbers do back to pre-riot numbers, then they're free to kick off again.

I think the large number of arrests will have taken some of the wind out of their sails.

I hope anyway.

Quote: sootyj @ August 12 2011, 6:59 PM BST

I think the large number of arrests will have taken some of the wind out of their sails.

I hope anyway.

Me too, Soots. Me too.

Me too. Someone told me that there were plans afoot to try to kick off again tonight, but hopefully was just man in pub talk

Quote: AJGO @ August 12 2011, 7:02 PM BST

Me too. Someone told me that there were plans afoot to try to kick off again tonight, but hopefully was just man in pub talk

Nah, I've heard it's just looters who kept their reciepts and want to exchange stuff. :P

Quote: Peter Brouhaha @ August 12 2011, 7:07 PM BST

Nah, I've heard it's just looters who kept their reciepts and want to exchange stuff. :P

Ha, gutted if you nicked size 9s and you need 10s

There's a lot of rumours flying around about the riots being planned as a way to create fear in society, to encourage people to eventually accept the microchipping that's inevitably going to happen in the not too distant future.

I was watching this interview last night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KZtzXE-tYo

Foward the clip to 1:45:34 and listen to what the interviewee, Bill Cooper, has to say about George Orwell. If you thought 1984 came straight out of his imagination, think again.

Quote: AJGO @ August 12 2011, 7:15 PM BST

Ha, gutted if you nicked size 9s and you need 10s

Yeah, they left the shops a few days to re-stock.....and get their size in.

I was thinking: is Loot newspaper still going? If so, that's where the police should look for people selling & swapping stuff acquired over the past few nights!

Aren't there plenty of conspiracy-related forums where you can post all these "oh, by the way some people claim that blah blah blah" messages?

Watching all the analyses on the riots, we must not get carried away with our emotions and listen to people who have studied these kids' problems like Professor Duff of Cambridge University, author of 'Crowd Control Psychology' and Sally Barnes Community worker from Lambeth.

They both came to the same conclusion: Cut off their goolies!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=04clpd7h0b0

Quote: catskillz @ August 12 2011, 5:43 PM BST

My mates and I all agree that the Scouse accent has changed for the worse, over the last 10 or 15 years. There were some teenage lads standing in my road talking the other day, and I could've sworn they were speaking Cantonese! Gone are the days of Scousers talking like the Beatles. The only people you seem to hear talking like them these days are middle-aged or older. The same thing has happened with the old Cockney accent and the Steve Irwin-esque Australian accent.

RE: Scouse. Yes, that's it. Modern Scouse. TBH I thought the Beatles were toning it down for the worldwide audience but if that was what it used to sound like, much better/softer on the ears.