British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 474

Their 15 minutes is nearly up. It'll soon be Chico Time for them too.

I think this just about sums up the mentality of the looters...they're so utterly without ambition that they're actually raiding Poundland.

They caused £3 worth of damage.

Everyone has missed the obvious thing about all this.

It's the glaziers who are behind it all.

I wish the news programmes and sites would stop glorifying it by not showing the looters stood against the backdrop of their destruction looking like some f**king music album cover. If they have to post photos, please use the comedy ones.

There's something really fishy about these riots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkUERFSGQ6c&NR=1

Quote: Westcountryman @ August 10 2011, 2:42 AM BST

What do you mean by the finer things in life? The poverty, where there is poverty, is a relative poverty rather than an absolute destitution.

Oh, well that's alright then. Sometimes I forget why I come here and then someone reminds me -it's astringent intellectual analysis, appliqued with light-catching witticisms.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 10 2011, 2:52 PM BST

Oh, well that's alright then. Sometimes I forget why I come here and then someone reminds me -it's astringent intellectual analysis, appliqued with light-catching witticisms.

Cue for a song...

Quote: Godot Taxis @ August 10 2011, 2:52 PM BST

Oh, well that's alright then. Sometimes I forget why I come here

It's to butt-f**k Steven Moffat in the Doctor Who thread.

Quote: catskillz @ August 10 2011, 2:39 PM BST

There's something really fishy about these riots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkUERFSGQ6c&NR=1

Gangs of white men are running through the streets chanting "Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land, Eng-er-land!!!" http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16046910

This looks like some Divide and Conquer shit to me.

catz, whilst I see you there. Do you have a link to that 'Otis' song? I found it on YouTube but it sounds awful, I hope that's not the final version.

'Otis' song? I don't know what you mean?

Quote: catskillz @ August 10 2011, 3:41 PM BST

'Otis' song? I don't know what you mean?

:O
To quote from MTV:

Otis is back, Otis is back! The King of Soul may have passed 40-plus years ago, but Jay-Z and Kanye West have resurrected Redding's spirit on a new track off their highly anticipated Watch the Throne LP.

On Wednesday (July 20), Hov and 'Ye's "Otis" premiered on New York City DJ Funkmaster Flex's Hot 97 radio show, and then spread throughout the Internet.

"Otis" opens with a slowed-down refrain lifted from Redding's 1966 version of "Try a Little Tenderness." The musical icon wails, "It makes it easier, easier to bare," shortly before the piano sample is chopped and reworked. As the bass line is ushered in and the drums drop, Jay shouts out, "Sounds so soulful, wouldn't you agree?" before tearing into his boastful bars.

I don't really know much about Jay-Z and Kanye West. Every time I hear Jay-z's music, he seems to be rapping about being a former crack dealer, and Kanye West...well do I really need to say anything about him?

:D I know what you mean fella. I can't deny I find myself tapping my feet to some of their hits though. I'm a bit uneasy that they've sampled Otis Redding, but I was just curious to hear it.