British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 467

The gang of lads outside my place are all laughing and joking. No anger there. Just a fun night out.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 9 2011, 5:41 PM BST

The gang of lads outside my place are all laughing and joking. No anger there. Just a fun night out.

Trying not to grasp at socio-economic explanations to try to make sense of it all, but seen loads of that too- worrying that lots of people's lives are so unfulfilling that this is actually a bit of a knees-up for many. And I think with a huge dose of schadenfreude that the police and figures of corporate and personal authority can't do anything.

In Hackney, media reports no gangs near police site. Actual person just told me fifty kids on bikes in park nearby. Eerily quiet otherwise (except helicopters)

Quote: AJGO @ August 9 2011, 5:55 PM BST

Trying not to grasp at socio-economic explanations to try to make sense of it all, but seen loads of that too- worrying that lots of people's lives are so unfulfilling that this is actually a bit of a knees-up for many. And I think with a huge dose of schadenfreude that the police and figures of corporate and personal authority can't do anything.

In Hackney, media reports no gangs near police site. Actual person just told me fifty kids on bikes in park nearby. Eerily quiet otherwise (except helicopters)

They'll probably turn out in force in somewhere totally unpredicted.

News channels been showing Ealing and Enfield all day. Politicians came nowhere near Hackney and Tottenham.
Will never condone thug behaviour, but not too big a leap to see why people get the impression they don't matter

Quote: AJGO @ August 9 2011, 6:08 PM BST

News channels been showing Ealing and Enfield all day. Politicians came nowhere near Hackney and Tottenham.
Will never condone thug behaviour, but not too big a leap to see why people get the impression they don't matter

Do they?

Well AJGO's in Hackney and she does!

I'm pissed off at the complete lack of media and governmental attention on the area, and I like to consider myself a reasonable person! People need and want to know what's happening, but it's just boohoo to the rich everywhere. Lots of sympathy for everyone involved, but can see how people who are less even-tempered can be getting more and more wound up. This started with louts but has now spread as people see how they're being treated

Quote: zooo @ August 9 2011, 6:14 PM BST

Well AJGO's in Hackney and she does!

This is more coherent :)

Lots of commentators talking drivel about the reasons. Simple fact is they are doing it because they can and nobody has stopped them.

The way I see it is this is an absolute disgrace. As far as I can see, police shot a man who was a drug dealer who would have been responsible for the deaths of many people. I'm not buying into this 'justifiable' rioting. Who are you targetting? Innocent people who are also hard up, destroying their property and cars. It just seems an excuse to me for all the scumbags of this country to 'have a good night out' I'm all for a curfew tonight, anyone out after 9 gets arrested. Get the army on the street with a maximam police presence. This may sound extreme, but it's time to stamp this cancer out now.

I think tonight will be the big stamp down on it all... bit too late - but they're bringing out the big guys now. I've never heard/seen so much police presence like I have today in London. There's only so much the police can do though... they are only human.

Quote: EllieJP @ August 9 2011, 6:40 PM BST

There's only so much the police can do though... they are only human.

There's a lot they can do. So far they haven't done enough.

If that fails, then I think the time has come to call Paul Gascoyne in to talk some sense into them.

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/Annabel_Giles/~8KknJ

f**king retards

So what does everyone think about this bollocks about there being no water-canon in the whole of the country? It reminds me of Princess Diana's death, where apparently the ambulance took 95 minutes to get her to the hospital, and all the CCTV and Police radio in the area had mysteriously stopped working that night. Also, did you know that a papparazzi guy who saw it all was shot and killed? It was all covered up. Apparently Mossad were behind it, because they knew that Diana was about to start campaigning for peace in the Middle East, visiting injured Palestinian children etc, and they weren't very pleased about it.

Quote: catskillz @ August 9 2011, 6:57 PM BST

So what does everyone think about this bollocks about there being no water-canon in the whole of the country? It reminds me of Princess Diana's death, where apparently the ambulance took 95 minutes to get her to the hospital, and all the CCTV and Police radio in the area had mysteriously stopped working that night. Also, did you know that a papparazzi guy who saw it all was shot and killed? It was all covered up. Apparently Mossad were behind it, because they knew that Diana was about to start campaigning for peace in the Middle East, visiting injured Palestinian children etc, and they weren't very pleased about it.

Don't forget the chemtrails!!!!!!11