British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 443

Quote: AJGO @ August 8 2011, 5:32 PM BST

There is a positive side, all these police helicopters are helping the wind dry my laundry something splendid

:D

Quote: sootyj @ August 8 2011, 5:37 PM BST

No one's safe I just got caught in Hackney and they looted all my oneliners.

Ah well, at least you didn't lose mych then.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 8 2011, 5:36 PM BST

A bunch of wankers want to loot themselves some trainers, and they're looking for any excuse to do it.

Oh, right. Although Shoezone are so bloody cheap, you almost feel like you're looting from them. Especially as there are trainers all over the floor as well. Same with somewhere like New Look (is it new look??) Shoes and clothes scattered everywhere.... What was we talking about again?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 8 2011, 5:36 PM BST

A bunch of wankers want to loot themselves some trainers, and they're looking for any excuse to do it.

No tear gas nor rubber bullets yet? "Shoot on sight" orders take tend to stop looting real quick like.

I'm hoping for water cannons. I love them I do.

A bunch of kids outside my flat just wrapped scarves around their faces and put up their hoods. Only about five of them at the moment. Hopefully they'll be commuting elsewhere shortly.

I'm in Bethnal Green.

How are all these chavs arranging these activities when my network is scrambled, presumably by all the helicopters

Watching news, ladbrokes have strong windows- shame if you think you're all that and can't smash it up (clicky fingers thing to denote shaaaame)

Quote: DaButt @ August 8 2011, 5:42 PM BST

No tear gas nor rubber bullets yet? "Shoot on sight" orders take tend to stop looting real quick like.

I probably wouldn't object to a bit of tear gas. It looks like it's probably going to be needed before the night is out.

Quote: zooo @ August 8 2011, 5:43 PM BST

I'm hoping for water cannons. I love them I do.

Same here.

Right, going to the shops (with money, to pay)- wish me the best of British

Good luck! Wear trainers so you can leg it if it all goes pear shaped.

Quote: Leevil @ August 8 2011, 5:30 PM BST

Anyone kind enough to sum up what's happening and why? I've seen a few tweets about it but still don't geddit. I could Google but why would I want a random person's bias when I can get BCG bias.

Some guy with a gun was shot by police. There was some sort of small peaceful protest, then lots of idiots decided to use it as an excuse to smash stuff up.

Basically violent idiots being violent and idiotic.

On Sky News earlier they had pictures of the floral tributes left where the man was shot. Three bouquets. Three.

Yeah I saw that bit. Says it all!

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 8 2011, 6:00 PM BST

On Sky News earlier they had pictures of the floral tributes left where the man was shot. Three bouquets. Three.

I'm sure most of those rioting don't even know some guy was shot.