British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 1,494

'The Impressionists' and the presenter, whom I respect, is doing my head in by pronouncing Van Gogh as 'Van GoFF'. Where the He'll do they get this 'GoFF' business? I'm reliably informed from Holland that it's pronounced 'Choch' - both 'ch' as in 'loch'.

'The Impressionists' and the presenter, whom I respect, is doing my head in by pronouncing Van Gogh as 'Van GoFF'. Where the He'll do they get this 'GoFF' business? I'm reliably informed from Holland that it's pronounced 'Choch' - both 'ch' as in 'loch'.

Quote: keewik @ August 6 2011, 9:56 PM BST

'The Impressionists' and the presenter, whom I respect, is doing my head in by pronouncing Van Gogh as 'Van GoFF'. Where the He'll do they get this 'GoFF' business? I'm reliably informed from Holland that it's pronounced 'Choch' - both 'ch' as in 'loch'. 'The Impressionists' and the presenter, whom I respect, is doing my head in by pronouncing Van Gogh as 'Van GoFF'. Where the He'll do they get this 'GoFF' business? I'm reliably informed from Holland that it's pronounced 'Choch' - both 'ch' as in 'loch'.

:D You're like the pronunciation police, Keewik! We had all this with Murdoch!

YES! Same thing. It drives me nuts. And don't get me started on this bloke's French pronunciation - or lack of it.

Quote: chipolata @ August 6 2011, 10:36 PM BST

:D You're like the pronunciation police, Keewik! We had all this with Murdoch!

I was just about to post the same thing.

What is it with these sweaty socks?

Quote: Chappers @ August 7 2011, 12:44 AM BST

I was just about to post the same thing.

What is it with these sweaty socks?

You mean there are more like me?

The first episode of Mildred Pierce, which is making me quite angry despite it also being reasonably good.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ August 7 2011, 9:20 PM BST

The first episode of Mildred Pierce, which is making me quite angry

How come? I remember reading the James M. Cain novel years ago and really liking it. Ditto for the film starring Joan Crawford. I'm looking forward to this adaptation.

Getting ready to watch another episode of "Outnumbered" while sitting up with one of my kids with a wicked bad stomach ache. Fitting.

Oo nearly forgotten.

Brand new Shooting Stars on BBC2.

Vic 'n' Bob ftw.

Quote: lofthouse @ August 8 2011, 9:58 PM BST

Oo nearly forgotten. Brand new Shooting Stars on BBC2. Vic 'n' Bob ftw.

Me too. Could do without Nielson. Is there a thread for this series yet?

Well well well

that was one of the best shooting stars I've seen in about 20 years!

Excellent stuff, piss funny from start to finish

in the last few series it seemed like V&B had got a bit lazy and it went very stale

back on form big time tonight

Absolutely insane and very funny

TROUSER CRESS!!!!!

Shooting Stars was fantastic tonight.

I have recorded it. Can't switch the news off!

The Hour again. Jessica Stevenson's in it this week but she's not being funny.

Margaret. Should be reshown on BBC 1 right now. Demonstrates beautifully that with the Tories it's Groundhog Day.