British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 433

No.

Teary

So are they just annoyed that a guy who was shooting at the Police got shot? Is that it??

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 7 2011, 7:11 PM BST

So are they just annoyed that a guy who was shooting at the Police got shot? Is that it??

That's what the peaceful protestors were upset about. But then a bunch of twats realised it was a good excuse to cause trouble and go looting, so they hijacked it.

A mate of mine just sent me a photo of HMV in Enfield that had been ransacked. I was only in there yesterday. Hell's bells. I don't want it anymore.

Quote: zooo @ August 7 2011, 7:18 PM BST

That's what the peaceful protestors were upset about.

How can you protest that a man who was shooting at people got shot? Very odd!

I know, it is a bit silly. But I think it was mostly his family and friends, just wanting an official announcement about what happened. Or something.

Let's face it, the folk who're causing trouble aren't doing it from a high moral ground - they're just bloody yobs.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 7 2011, 7:30 PM BST

How can you protest that a man who was shooting at people got shot? Very odd!

Two shots were heard, but 3 shots were fired?

Two by the policeman and one by the person being arrested, but in what order were the shots fired??

It seems that the shot fired from the non-police weapon, presumably by Mark Duggan, was stopped by hitting the radio of one of the policemen.

The family indicated that (just like DaButt) Mark Duggan was carrying a gun for self-defence (but that is illegal here of course).

The day the argument
"I'm carrying an illegal firearm to protect myself"

I'm buying a beret and some onions and moving to France.

The real tragedy is someone as stupid Duggan wasn't aborted before he was born.

Quote: zooo @ August 7 2011, 7:18 PM BST

That's what the peaceful protestors were upset about. But then a bunch of twats realised it was a good excuse to cause trouble and go looting, so they hijacked it.

That seems to be the size of it. So what's to stop a bunch of twats just announcing on twitter that a riot is kicking off when there isn't one, and then just all turn up with everyone other twat who's decided to join in, in a self-fulfilling manner?

Quote: billwill @ August 7 2011, 9:17 PM BST

The family indicated that (just like DaButt) Mark Duggan was carrying a gun for self-defence (but that is illegal here of course).

I'm legal, licensed and have never been arrested for any crime. He's a known gang member. Good riddance, I say.

With this one I'm with DaButt a reasonable argument can be made for firearms ownership by licensed, law abiding citizens of good character. Especially when you can't even carry said weapon openly.

Too compare that to a criminal carrying an illegal weapon because they feel they need extra protection.

Is beyond assinine.

Quote: sootyj @ August 7 2011, 10:16 PM BST

With this one I'm with DaButt a reasonable argument can be made for firearms ownership by licensed, law abiding citizens of good character.

Vehemently disagree. Good can turn bad - or have their gun stolen. The less guns, the better. The loon who unleashed carnage in Norway had firearms permits and no previous criminal record.

Quote: billwill @ August 7 2011, 9:17 PM BST

It seems that the shot fired from the non-police weapon, presumably by Mark Duggan, was stopped by hitting the radio of one of the policemen.

Apparently it was a police-issue bullet...

I'm pretty f**king scared now.