British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 732

Cheers Nit, I will give that a go. :)

Yay! YouTube in a blink, instead of annoying video ads! :D

It doesn't piss me off, but by Christ that new advert featuring Tom Daly walking and talking to the camera is bad. He makes Jenson Button look an accomplished actor.

Quote: chipolata @ August 4 2011, 10:41 AM BST

He makes Jenson Button look an accomplished actor.

Come now! There's no need to go overboard.

It doesn't piss me off, but by Christ that new advert featuring Tom Daly walking and talking to the camera is bad. He makes Jenson Button look an accomplished actor.

Get used to it Chip. Tom is the poster boy (and the sympathy vote now) for the 2012 games. He will be wall to wall for the next year.

Quote: KLRiley @ August 4 2011, 12:39 PM BST

Get used to it Chip. Tom is the poster boy (and the sympathy vote now) for the 2012 games. He will be wall to wall for the next year.

:(

this seems to do the trick

http://simple-adblock.com/

no more Mars adverts all over my bloody hotmail inbox page! :)

Neighbours dogs that bark all night long, and mosquitos that bite all night long too.

Got a big night out tomorrow night, but I'm covered in mozzie bites so will have to wear a maxi dress to cover them up.

It doesn't piss me off, but by Christ that new advert featuring Tom Daly walking and talking to the camera is bad.

He seems a tad camp.

It should bloody well pyo because we've got another twelve months of this pissing, media orgasmic, crap to live through !

Here's a thought ! Maybe Thatcher will die during the opening ceremony !

Go ahead, make my day.

:P

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 6 2011, 12:43 AM BST

He seems a tad camp.

Talking of camp things which piss you off; Alan Carr and Melanie Sykes on radio 2, because it's just one long piercing shriek.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ August 6 2011, 12:43 AM BST

He seems a tad camp.

Tad Camp? Sounds like a character in a Steve Sunshine sketch.

Agreed. Similarly, the Luis Figo Just for Men ad. By Christ, that's another piss poor advert.

All this talk reminds me of how happy I am that I dumped my cable TV subscription and am no longer subjected to commercials. It's been ages since I've seen one and I'm blissfully out of the loop whenever my friends discuss current commercials and advertising campaigns. Thanks, Pirate Pirate .

Quote: chipolata @ August 6 2011, 8:06 AM BST

Tad Camp? Sounds like a character in a Steve Sunshine sketch.

:D

Quote: DaButt @ August 6 2011, 11:52 AM BST

All this talk reminds me of how happy I am that I dumped my cable TV subscription and am no longer subjected to commercials. It's been ages since I've seen one and I'm blissfully out of the loop whenever my friends discuss current commercials and advertising campaigns. Thanks, Pirate Pirate .

I've heard some people utter the words "these TV adverts are better than most TV shows". Crazy people.

It is great these days though, thanks to DVR, OnDemand and you know what, something like an American TV drama is no longer spoiled by constant ad breaks. I understand it's just as bad over there but some shows run a commercial break before the main titles even start. So frustrating. Something like Lost was almost impossible to watch.