British Comedy Guide

Camden Fringe Festival

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone else was taking a show to the Camden Fringe Festival (otherwise known as a poor man's Edinburgh fringe!)

My show Bye Bye Bernie is being performed at the Etcetera Theatre (Camden), it is an extension of my Sitcom Mission 2010 entry 'Stand and Deliver' The play is very farcical, dark and surreal. I was inspired by comedies such as; The Young Ones, Filthy Rich and Catflap, Bottom and Nighty Night.

The play revolves around two elderly inept criminal sisters who decide to take over a charity run for orphans by fuddy-duddy owner Bernard. They keep him locked in a box, and have fun terrorising him! Thrown into the mix is a Queen's messenger sent for Bernard's birthday, he delivers a parody of an ancient Greek speech revealing the sisters murderous past, a jack of all trades Priest (used to be a rent boy) with multiple personalities, ranging from parody of Derek Acorah to Gok Wan and a mime artist who gets dragged into the play.

If you would like more details of the show check out our website: www.crazywithak.moonfruit.com or direct message me.

The show is on 26th, 27th and 28th August. Tickets are £7.50.

Hope to hear from other people taking part in the festival.

Thanks

Dan