British Comedy Guide

Who do you fancy? Page 651

I hope that polar bear's not in actual pain.

I think the polar bear is mid yawn/stretch.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 28 2011, 7:53 AM BST

She may not be the most attractive woman in the world but she's certainly not ugly, which just goes to show how much people's idea of beauty is warped by magazines, TV and film images of woman who've been airbrushed to the last pixel.

Quite.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 28 2011, 7:53 AM BST

She may not be the most attractive woman in the world but she's certainly not ugly, which just goes to show how much people's idea of beauty is warped by magazines, TV and film images of woman who've been airbrushed to the last pixel.

:S

There is a world outside of the media, where people live everyday normal lives and aren't influenced by such things.

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2011, 12:14 PM BST

:S

There is a world outside of the media, where people live everyday normal lives and aren't influenced by such things.

Give me their names. I will go visit them all.

I just don't like the statement that if you don't find Sonia off EastEnders attractive, you don't have unconventional tastes in beauty. That's mental.

I don't think anyone meant to suggest that. Just that if someone fancying her makes you angry with disbelief, maybe you need to have a little word with yourself.

Yeah sorry Zooo, you know I don't like agreeing with the mean boys, but I have to on this one. There is just something about her face that I can't look at without feeling all wrong. I think it's her mouth. Those sorts of mouths make me feel really ill.

Sorry Ms Cassidy, I'm sure you're lovely :(

No, I think she's weird looking myself, but yeah, see above.

But do photographers/make-up artists have it in for her? Because they could've made sure her eye make-up in that pic looked even, so her face didn't look peculiarly unsymmetrical

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 28 2011, 12:34 PM BST

Yeah sorry Zooo, you know I don't like agreeing with the mean boys, but I have to on this one. There is just something about her face that I can't look at without feeling all wrong. I think it's her mouth. Those sorts of mouths make me feel really ill.

Sorry Ms Cassidy, I'm sure you're lovely :(

Quote: zooo @ July 28 2011, 12:34 PM BST

No, I think she's weird looking myself, but yeah, see above.

Laughing out loud

Plus, I actually saw bits of one of her documentaries. She didn't come across as a nice/smart person. Plus, she has that annoying trait of complaining about the press, yet doing anything she can to appear in it. Stop complaining woman!

Heh, she sometimes comes across really nice and funny, and sometimes a bit fake and odd.

Quote: Leevil @ July 28 2011, 12:20 PM BST

I just don't like the statement that if you don't find Sonia off EastEnders attractive, you don't have unconventional tastes in beauty. That's mental.

I'm not suggesting anyone HAS to find her attractive, but there's been comments like "WTF is she doing on this thread", something which could be said about plenty of the other people on this thread.

All I'm saying is that if Natalie Cassidy is people's idea of "ugly" then they have pretty skewed/high expectations of beauty IMHO.

She's not exactly the elephant man is she?

Personally I can't see the attraction of Sarah Michelle Gellar or Jessica Simpson or countless other blonde identikit models/actresses/singers but I wouldn't suggest that they are ugly.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 28 2011, 12:49 PM BST

All I'm saying is that if Natalie Cassidy is people's idea of "ugly" then they have pretty skewed/high expectations of beauty IMHO.

Yes but not everyone has suggested "Sarah Michelle Gellar or Jessica Simpson or countless other blonde identikit models/actresses/singers". What's the definition of ugly? It's not like the scale goes.

Natalie Cassidy - Megan Fox.

Some people can be more attractive than Sonia but not meeting that high expectation of the overly airbrushed and frankly freakish unnatural looks of Megan Fox. I just reacted to the generalization that you may have unintentionally made.

I mean, I don't want to start a whole debate on it. :D

Quote: Tony Cowards @ July 28 2011, 12:49 PM BST

I'm not suggesting anyone HAS to find her attractive, but there's been comments like "WTF is she doing on this thread", something which could be said about plenty of the other people on this thread. All I'm saying is that if Natalie Cassidy is people's idea of "ugly" then they have pretty skewed/high expectations of beauty IMHO. She's not exactly the elephant man is she? Personally I can't see the attraction of Sarah Michelle Gellar or Jessica Simpson or countless other blonde identikit models/actresses/singers but I wouldn't suggest that they are ugly.

I think there are a number of universally indicators of beauty such as high cheekbones and big eyes, which women like Geller etc do have. Cassidy might well be attractive to some people, and even fancied, but she's not technically beautiful.

A.... Mass debate??

Hey Hoooooo!!!