British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 421

Quote: sootyj @ July 25 2011, 11:42 PM BST

My heart belongs to KL Riley.

Set your aspirations higher Soots.

Quote: chipolata @ July 25 2011, 10:05 PM BST

Why is he the bad guy? I was never that interested in the Winehouse soap opera but it struck me they were very similar, hence the attraction. And if she deserved help, didn't he also deserve it?

Yes but she had talent. He was just born with a goldplated spoon in his mouth and never had to do anything to get by.

Quote: Chappers @ July 26 2011, 3:42 PM BST

Yes but she had talent. He was just born with a goldplated spoon in his mouth and never had to do anything to get by.

Yep, you're right, he was born into wealth and therefore clearly evil. I don't know what I was thinking showing compassion for a f**ked up human being and imagining that the circumstances of their relationship might be more complex than a handful of showbiz journos on The Sun and Mail make out. ;)

I still maintain that Chip is correct.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 26 2011, 4:15 PM BST

I still maintain that Chip is correct.

*temporarily removes Wicks from 'To Murder' list*

He's in prison for burglary and gun crime. The papers didn't make that up too!

Quote: chipolata @ July 26 2011, 4:28 PM BST

*temporarily removes Wicks from 'To Murder' list*

I'll cherish this moment forever, Chip Teary

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2011, 4:43 PM BST

He's in prison for burglary and gun crime. The papers didn't make that up too!

Not sure what difference that makes.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ July 26 2011, 4:15 PM BST

Chip is correct.

:O

I'm surmising from all the tabloid crap I've seen (at least two thirds of which will be bollocks - that goes without saying) that he's probably a prick.
Chip seems to think he's probably a nice chap who doesn't deserve any flak. (/flack?)

No, Chip's saying that the sentence that the press have given him may not be as accurate as people want to believe. You know what the media arfe like for demonising people.

Well, yes, but that point is so arse clenchingly obvious I didn't think that could be all he was saying.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14287822 Eep. The text message conversation between a kid hiding on the Norwegian island and her mum.

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2011, 4:51 PM BST

I'm surmising from all the tabloid crap I've seen (at least two thirds of which will be bollocks - that goes without saying) that he's probably a prick.
Chip seems to think he's probably a nice chap who doesn't deserve any flak. (/flack?)

Flak

Ah, thanks.

Quote: zooo @ July 26 2011, 4:51 PM BST

I'm surmising from all the tabloid crap I've seen (at least two thirds of which will be bollocks - that goes without saying) that he's probably a prick. Chip seems to think he's probably a nice chap who doesn't deserve any flak. (/flack?)

Don't put words in my mouth, zooo! I think he's a f**ked up chump! I just get a bit tired of the kneejerkster need for a villain. Winehouse's demise was a combination of a perfect storm of factors, of which sadly she herself was a big part. And that's it from me on the subject!

Ah, fair dos!