British Comedy Guide

Things that piss you off Page 730

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2011, 10:34 PM BST

When you microwave something and it's all cooked throughout but then you eat one bit which is freezing cold and you begin to gurn as if you've just been molested.

Have you ever been molested, Ben?

I'd like to see him gurn. :)

Quote: Ben @ July 24 2011, 10:34 PM BST

When you microwave something and it's all cooked throughout but then you eat one bit which is freezing cold and you begin to gurn as if you've just been molested.

.... beep.... logic error in above statement ... beep ...

*you think it's been cooked throughout.

But is it worse than microwaving something and finding a hard crusty, over microwaved bit?

When my microwave broke, I didn't replace it. I'd rather have all that extra space and go without the occasional convenience. However, now I've written that, I see you can get mini-microwaves which are under a foot wide, and there's also a prototype tiny Heinz microwave. Anyone got a small one?

Being treated as though you've left work when you're still there.

Quote: KLRiley @ July 25 2011, 7:45 PM BST

Being treated as though you've left work when you're still there.

How so? If they're paying you and ignoring you, can you get away with being paid to read a book and having something to eat?

Quote: AJGO @ July 25 2011, 7:48 PM BST

How so? If they're paying you and ignoring you, can you get away with being paid to read a book and having something to eat?

I wish I could but in the current line of work I can't. I'm a lecturer and we're desperately marking to have stuff ready for consideration as to whether students who had to retake work have passed. What's hacked me off is a senior colleague who hates me has basically cut me out of the information loop and is dealing direct with students on my courses and not telling me. I, on the other hand, have kept this individual in the loop all the way through. I have four whole days left and this guy is still behaving like the maroon he is. If I'd known he was going to be like this then I would have just cleared my office and left six weeks ago.

Ugh, idiot. Little comfort at the moment, but at least it's true that people behaving like that do so because they have no other way of getting any satisfaction in life. Just keep doing your job well and if extra work comes up you can presume that he would be delighted to do it since he reckons he's so all-important!

Absolutely. I'm going to have a word in the boss' shell-like tomorrow and put it to her that if he (the maroon) wants to do my job then he can present the results to the relevant meetings while I go and do something constructive like clearing out the rest of my stuff.
In the meantime I have found the remains of a bottle of vino that need to be drunk and have stopped worrying about it.

Cheers to an excellent plan

Quote: KLRiley @ July 25 2011, 8:11 PM BST

Absolutely. I'm going to have a word in the boss' shell-like tomorrow and put it to her that if he (the maroon) wants to do my job then he can present the results to the relevant meetings while I go and do something constructive like clearing out the rest of my stuff.
In the meantime I have found the remains of a bottle of vino that need to be drunk and have stopped worrying about it.

I nominate your boss as knob of the week. It fact I shall start a new thread!

I've got an entire hierarchy of them!

When you go the barbers and say 'can I have about an inch of the length, and it just thinning out a bit please?', but the barber hears 'alright mate, I'll bet you a tenner that you can't make me look like Paul Weller'.