British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 418

A few things:

-Norway is my most favourite country I've been to. A genuinely lovely place.

-Sky News had a 'Breaking News' video: it was David Beckham's thoughts on Amy Winehouse.

-Anyone who can't find a bit of compassion for a young woman who had terrible problems (self-inflicted or not) is a heartless bastard.

Quote: TopBanana @ July 24 2011, 3:25 PM BST

A few things:

-Anyone who can't find a bit of compassion for a young woman who had terrible problems (self-inflicted or not) is a heartless bastard.

Well said. I do find it a bit disgusting the way the media tackles stuff like this though. The Daily Mail published photographs of her body being removed from her house. Just imagine the parasitic paparazzi sumbag who was thinking "I'll get a few quid for these shots." Some people must just be able to switch of their conscience, it's almost sociopathic.

Saw a woman from the Daily Star ranting about how it was Winehouse's Dads fault. Even if that were true, and it was legal/possible to detain an adult against their will, shut the hell up woman. A man has to bury his daughter.

Plus, these dildos who are writing the nice obituaries about Amy are the same dildos who have written awful stuff about her in the past 5 years.

(Paraphrasing a Chris O'Dowd Tweet)

Quote: AJGO @ July 24 2011, 5:22 PM BST

Saw a woman from the Daily Star ranting about how it was Winehouse's Dads fault. Even if that were true, and it was legal/possible to detain an adult against their will, shut the hell up woman. A man has to bury his daughter.

What a horrible woman.

Quote: TopBanana @ July 24 2011, 5:27 PM BST

Plus, these dildos who are writing the nice obituaries about Amy are the same dildos who have written awful stuff about her in the past 5 years.

(Paraphrasing a Chris O'Dowd Tweet)

Ha, I saw that one too.

Quote: Chappers @ June 19 2011, 12:04 AM BST

Amy Winehose booed off stage in Belgrade because she was apparently drunk.

What's the odds on her being the next star casualty?

Sorry about this!

Poor Amy. Never had the right people looking after her.

She was a stupid girl, though. Like all the other idiots in The 27 Club.

Sales of her albums will go through the roof now

people will earn out of this....

Quote: chipolata @ July 24 2011, 9:09 PM BST

She was a stupid girl, though. Like all the other idiots in The 27 Club.

Jim Morrison is not a stupid girl.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 24 2011, 9:35 PM BST

Jim Morrison is not a stupid girl.

I sat through The Doors. He's a stupid girl and a half.

Cool music though. He was probably a twat, but that's of no odds to me.

Quote: chipolata @ July 24 2011, 9:46 PM BST

I sat through The Doors. He's a stupid girl and a half.

Well you're just as stupid. You're supposed to walk THROUGH doors - when they're open that is.

Stupid or not, the poor girl obviously didn't get the right help she needed.

Blake Fielder-Civil= knob.

N.B

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/24/charlie-brooker-norway-mass-killings

Brilliant and essential reading

Also a little scary