British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 416

Oh that is so sad

27 too, the so called rock and roll age of death.

No surprise really.

Sadly unsurprising. What a waste of talent/life.

Annoying, as it seemed like she was getting better.

I saw a video of her bombing on stage just a few months ago. She was wasted.

Her Wikipedia entry shows her claim to notability as "drug addict" and cause of death as "Suffocated herself on a mix of semen and cocaine."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_club

What charming people Wiki editors can be.

When they tried to make her go to rehab she should have said yes, yes yes instead of no, no, no.

that's just sad

wikipedia needs to raise its game

All the Norwegian teenagers I'm hearing on the news speak perfect English.

Most of the people I've met from Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Iceland have spoken English well. Most Germans, too. Think how much the world would benefit if everyone spoke a common language.

As long as it is English, I'm down with that.

Quote: zooo @ July 23 2011, 6:55 PM BST

As long as it is English, I'm down with that.

I'm with ya. ;)

Quote: DaButt @ July 23 2011, 6:54 PM BST

Most of the people I've met from Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Iceland have spoken English well. Most Germans, too. Think how much the world would benefit if everyone spoke a common language.

They may say you're a dreamer, but you're not the only one.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ July 23 2011, 5:50 PM BST

27 too, the so called rock and roll age of death.

Yes, this will only fuel that strange 27 club legend even more. How many is that now, six? And all of them drink and/or drug related. A sad loss, a real talent, but very wayward. She didn't seem to want to calm down, did she.

Here's a blog post I wrote about Amy Winehouse back in 2007 - a rather disturbing quote is contained therein...

https://crustynomad.wordpress.com/2007/09/03/amy-winehouses-step-father-in-law-was-my-daughters-headmaster/

Giles Civil believes the couple are in denial of their drug habits and fears they will both die as a result of their addictions. He says, "Clearly, they are addicts, but they are in abject denial. "They are a very close couple. We are concerned that if one dies through substance abuse, the other will commit suicide. "It seems to be accepted that rich rock stars take drug, but history is littered with dead young rock stars. "Blake is just a regular guy and Amy is such a lovely girl. If they die it will be such a tragic waste."